To lead students toward fulfilling their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of an immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives through instruction and action.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board Policy.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents outside the instructional day.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Provides for own professional growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Valid Teaching Certificate.
Hold or qualify for an Oregon teaching license with the proper endorsement/authorization.SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- 2023-2024 Schedule - $48,192.58 - $89,454.48, DOE
- Generous district contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Student loan forgiveness for those who qualify.
- Teacher mentoring program for teachers new to the profession.
- District-paid PERS