The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools:
- Service a socioeconomically, culturally, and racially diverse community;
- Develop students' social and emotional skills to prepare them to become citizens of the world in an ever-changing future; and
- Promote academic rigor through a constructivist, project-based learning approach, to support and develop children's natural intellectual curiosity
On a growth path to serving more than 5,000 students in the coming years, CWC LA operates five charters:
- CWC Hollywood (Transitional Kindergarten - 5th Grade, opened in 2010)
- CWC Silver Lake (Transitional Kindergarten - 8th Grade, opened in 2012)
- CWC Mar Vista (Transitional Kindergarten - 8th Grade, opened in 2013)
- CWC West Valley (Transitional Kindergarten - 4th Grade and adding one grade level each year, opened in 2020)
- CWC East Valley (Transitional Kindergarten - 3rd Grade and adding one grade level each year, opened in 2021)
The Regional Manager of Student Outreach and Enrollment is responsible for ensuring that all CWC LA schools approach student enrollment through an equitable, socioeconomically and racially diverse lens. The Regional Manager of Student Outreach and Enrollment will manage and implement a year-over-year enrollment cycle including but not limited to setting up CWC LA's online enrollment system, ensuring CWC schools have strong outreach plans, developing shared marketing materials, and more. An exemplary leader will accomplish this by providing outstanding project management and cross-functional team support, analyzing trends and leveraging data to drive enrollment decision-making, sharing best practices and developing strong marketing materials and messages for students and families. The role will have extensive opportunities to work in collaboration with the Director of Student Outreach and Enrollment, the Executive Director, Principals, other senior leaders at CWC LA and the Board of Directors. The role will report to the Director of Student Outreach and Enrollment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Leverage historical data and trends to inform practices for recruiting students, planning for retention and attrition.
- Manage and implement a proactive year over year recruitment and outreach strategy, including new student recruitment, returning student re-enrollment, and the successful matriculation of current CWC LA elementary school students to CWC LA middle schools. Ensure that all feeder schools receive proactive and timely outreach. Monitor applications to each school and grade level, and make adjustments, as needed, during the year.
- Collaborate on the development of marketing collateral and online and offline strategies for attracting prospective families. Act as project manager helping to create flyers and marketing materials, in collaboration with CWC's graphic designer and/or other team members, as appropriate.
- Develop new initiatives for student recruitment that leverage parents and community organizations.
- Manage execution of lotteries, distribution of flyers to preschools and local business/civic institutions and calling prospective families at each school.
- Manage canvassing campaigns and other innovative outreach plans.
- Manage application and enrollment packet launch year over year and train Community Coordinators on the completion and verification process for families.
- Conduct placed advertisements, as needed.
- Codify and share best practices across schools.
- Cultivate and coordinate partnerships with community organizations for the purpose of student recruitment efforts including but not limited to preschools, headstarts, and other community based organizations.
- Generate opportunities for regional and school team members to attend local events to reach prospective families and ensure CWC LA has a presence in the communities we serve.
- Attend events as needed to build community support for CWC LA and support schools in student recruitment efforts.
- Implement year over year new family onboarding strategy to provide parent engagement opportunities for new families that reflect CWC mission and vision.
Data and Compliance
- Manage and maintain CWC LA's enrolment system (SchoolMint and Salesforce)) and serve as regional expert on CWC LA's enrollment systems. Provide year-over-year set up and maintenance.
- Train Community Coordinator team on online enrollment systems
- Manage Enrollment Dashboards and ensure dashboards are updated to track metrics, analyze historical and current trends, and evaluate the progress of student applications and conversion rates; develop data-driven enrollment forecasts and projections and generate action plans as needed to ensure student outreach and enrollment goals are met.
- Share data weekly with school and regional leadership, and meet to discuss, as needed.
- Ensure all CWC LA policies and procedures comply with federal and state regulations and are designed to contribute to a diverse student population that reflects the communities in which CWC LA schools are located.
Homeless and Foster Youth Liaison
- Serve as Regional Administrator for Homeless and Foster Youth, ensuring that community coordinators attend and complete Homeless and Foster Youth trainings hosted by the Los Angeles County Office of Education and/or Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority.
Community Coordinator Team
- Support hiring and onboarding of new Community Coordinators.
- Develop and implement trainings for new and current Community Coordinators (as needed).
- Develop scope and sequence of Professional Development and growth pathways for Community Coordinators
- Support cultivating positive team culture among Community Coordinator team
- Manage 1-2 Community Coordinators
- Other Duties, as assigned
- Build relationships with school administration, CWC LA school Community Coordinator teams, and other key stakeholders with a focus on collaboration
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail and willingness to get the job done
- Communicate and interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Exhibit strong project management skills
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Innovate and think creatively
- Exhibit strong data management and progress monitoring skills
- Travel, as needed, for professional development opportunities and community events to fulfill outreach efforts
- Be fluent in writing and speaking Spanish and/or Korean (strongly preferred)
- Identify recurring challenges that need new or revised systems and work collaboratively with the RSO Data and Compliance team to analyze the problem(s)
- Ensure proper handling and securing of student data to ensure compliance with Family Educational Records and Privacy Act (FERPA)
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience
- Education experience preferred, but not required
- Understanding of computer software programs including office (Word, Excel) and willing to learn new software programs
- Knowledge of policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the recruitment and enrollment in a public charter school (strongly preferred)
- Professional proficiency in either Spanish or Korean (strongly preferred)
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and communities. Citizens of the World Los Angeles
has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Citizens of the World Los Angeles
. CWC employees/ prospective employees may apply for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement. Exemptions are granted in very rare circumstances as CWC LA schools are co-located with traditional LAUSD schools, and on LAUSD sites, no employee can access campus without being vaccinated. We are required to follow LAUSD policy for those sites.
Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. An employee will be considered partially vaccinated if they have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Potential candidates for employment will be notified by CWC HR Dept. during onboarding on how to submit proper verification of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.PLEASE NOTE: WHEN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" CWC WILL BE UNABLE TO REVIEW IT IF NOT SUBMITTED PROPERLY.