For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration, with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas join forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a state-wide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job Description The Opportunity
The Sr. Facilities Technician is an essential part of the Facilities Department. The Sr. Facilities Technician is responsible for managing technicians, maintaining school facility operations to ensure that the district's cleaning and maintenance standards are followed, safety and compliance is appropriately done, and that there is proper communication between the school and campus operations staff. He/she will supervise, assign duties, perform handyman work, handle emergencies 24/7, and problem solve. The Sr. Facilities Technician will build relationships with outside vendor companies such as lawn or air conditioning services when needed. He/she will take pride and ownership of the entire campus facilities, and grounds. As a key member of the statewide Facilities team, the Sr. Facilities Technician will report to the Campus Facilities Manager. This position furthers the mission of KIPP by ensuring that our facilities are operational, clean and safe for students and faculty. Key Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain all building systems: Burglar and fire alarms, elevators, HVAC, irrigation systems, and all other systems.
- Responsible for the campus buildings and grounds, including basic carpentry repairs, touch-up paint, pest control, lawn care, plumbing and basic electrical repairs.
- Execute work orders to high standards of quality and timeliness.
- Communicate with other school staff and departments to coordinate completion of work orders and setup for campus events.
Qualifications Skills and Qualifications
- On call response during and after operating hours.
- Assist with the planning of and lead the execution of the Preventive Maintenance schedule for all building systems.
- Coordinate with campus and custodial staff to prepare the building for special events.
- Perform regular inspections and do whatever it takes to resolve potential problems before they escalate.
- Manages Facilities Technicians at assigned facilities, including hiring and firing
- Serves as the escalation point for issues that cannot be addressed by Facilities Technicians.
- Responsible for management of facilities maintenance budget and a company credit card for assigned facilities.
- Manages all maintenance contractors and service providers.
- Attend, meetings professional development meetings and training session "Continuous Learning"
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Minimum 5 years' facilities maintenance related experience preferred.
- Expertise in, or technical knowledge of, HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing systems is required.
- Knowledge of building systems and the maintenance and repair thereof.
- Licensure or certification in a trade is highly preferred.
- Skill in maintaining positive relations with others.
- Ability to manage complex projects or multiple small projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to work with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and needs.
- Basic computer skills required; Experience in Microsoft Outlook and/or facilities work order software management software preferred.
- English fluency is required; Spanish is a plus. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Reliable transportation required (may be required to drive to different facilities or to pick up supplies during the workday).
- Flexibility in work schedule.
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise.
As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.