KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
The LSSP will provide diagnostic information on student learning. He/she/they will work cooperatively with instructional faculty and parents to provide an appropriate education program for students in grades K-12 with disabilities throughout the region. This position furthers the mission of KIPP Texas as it helps ensure that all students have the tools and the supportive environment they need to learn. Key ResponsibilitiesThe LSSP will:
- Receive student referrals and implement the assessment and evaluation process within state timelines.
- Conduct Full and Individual Evaluations (FIEs) by assessing the psychological and psycho-educational needs of students referred to special education services.
- Participate in the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of Individual Education
- Follows district, state and federal regulations.
- Meets all required timelines for assessment, reports, meetings, and documentation.
- Facilitates the coordinated efforts of evaluation personnel and services providers.
- Attends all required meetings and staff development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.
- Perform professional psychological work in assessment, behavior management, and counseling for students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, and behavioral problems.
- Regular district wide travel to multiple schools as assigned.
- Master's degree in psychology from accredited college or university
- Valid Texas license as a licensed specialist in school psychology granted by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists
- At least 1 year of experience as an LSSP or school psychologist (preferred)
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Knowledge of prevention and intervention strategies, including behavior management interventions.
- Knowledge of psychosocial development.
- Strong consultation skills for conferencing with teachers, parents, and students.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
As a full-time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, life insurance, and disability plans.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.