KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy,
and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job DescriptionAbout the Role
KIPP Texas is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant committed to educational equity and passionate about creating joyful, academically excellent schools. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Executive Assistant advances organizational priorities through providing executive support, and serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. Additionally the Senior Executive Assistant acts as a liaison to KIPP TX's Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team, organizing and coordinating outreach and external relations efforts. The Senior Executive Assistant also oversees special projects as designated by the CEO. Finally, the Senior Executive Assistant serves as the model for executive support across the organization, providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to all KIPP TX executive assistants and managing the Office Assistant.
An ideal candidate for this position must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Senior Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.Key Responsibilities and Duties
Provide Executive Support to the CEO
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, including confidential matters; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; putting together a weekly plan for the CEO with all necessary information; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Acts asProvides a \"gatekeeper\", creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with families of KIPP TX students, Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives, meetings, crisis, and any other work.
- Anticipates, researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO by KIPP families, staff, and external parties, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a \"barometer,\" having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Support the CEO in Board Management
- Serves as the CEO's administrative liaison to the Board of Directors.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic and paper formats.
Serve as Liaison for Senior Management
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team, assisting in scheduling and attending meetings as necessary.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Updates the CEO's bio and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Manages the CEO's email, including responding to internal and external emails on behalf of the CEO.
- Collaborates with the Advancement team in coordinating the CEO's outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Serves as a role model for executive support across KIPP TX and champions KIPP TX's mission and core values in all interactions with administrative staff.
- Facilitates the statewide training and support for KIPP Texas Executive Assistants, including monthly meetings.
- Leads onboarding and offboarding for KIPP Texas Executive Assistants.
- Manages the Office Assistant.
Additional InformationPhysical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of work experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks adapt to competing demands, with excellent attention to detail.
- Skilled at delivering the highest level of customer/client service to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision maker, taking proactive approaches to problem-solving and recommending solutions.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer/laptop.
- Ability to lift 10 - 20 pounds.
- Work from a KIPP TX SSP office in Houston.
- Typical office environment with frequent interruptions.
What We Bring to the Table
- Ability to travel to various locations, travel time approximately 15% - 25%.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Competitive vacation and flexible paid time off (PTO) policies.
- Paid parental leave.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans with varying coverage for employees and their families, inclusive of virtual physician visits. High deductible health plan with HSA also offered.
- Employee assistance programs.
- Participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- 457 Roth retirement plan option with KIPP matching contribution up to $1,200 a year. 403b plans also supported.
- KIPP also offers the following employee-paid benefits: legal plans, LifeLock identity protection, life insurance and disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account or high-yield HSA