Sep 23, 2023
China Grove, NC 28023, USA
EC TEACHER ASSISTANT
Purpose: To assist and support the teacher in the planning, organizing and preparation of instructional materials. To provide support for clerical, technical and general classroom functions.
• 48 semester hours which include core courses with an overall 2.5 or higher GPA from accredited institution; OR
• Associate Degree or higher with an overall 2.5 or higher GPA from an accredited institution; OR
• WorkKeys testing in Math - (min score 4); Reading - (min score 4); and Writing - (min score 3).
• Requires lifting of 15+ pounds
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist and support the teacher with planning, organizing, and evaluating instruction, and implementing instructional
program as directed by the teacher, including collecting data on EIP goals and behavior plans.
• Assists the teacher insuring a safe and healthful environment.
• Assists students with understanding of school and classroom rules and regulations as directed by the teacher.
• Assists students in maintaining cleanliness and neatness.
• Interacts effectively with students, teachers, administrators, co-workers, parents and community.
• Conducts self as a role model, exhibiting positive behavior.
Position Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Term of Employment: 10 month employment, Pay grade C