KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy,
and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.Job Description
KIPP Texas is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to fill the role of Executive Assistant to the Regional Superintendent (RS). As a valued member of the KIPP Texas team, the Executive Assistant will directly report to the San Antonio Regional Superintendent and play a vital role in coordinating and managing essential functions for the San Antonio region. This position involves providing administrative support to the RS and the leadership teams of the San Antonio region.
Joining our organization means gaining insight into the operations of one of the nation's leading charter management organizations. As the Executive Assistant, you will contribute to our overall efficiency and effectiveness in serving the children of Texas. We are looking for candidates who possess exceptional attention to detail, demonstrate impeccable follow-through, excel in planning, and are proactive self-starters. Additionally, a strong focus on providing exceptional customer service is essential.
If you are an ambitious leader with a proven track record of driving strategic growth and executing organizational strategies, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our dedicated team at KIPP Texas and make a meaningful impact on the lives of our Little KIPPsters (students) and the communities we serve.
You know you are successful if:
- Be a model of equitable practices while supporting the RS and leadership teams in their decision-making for both BIG and Little KIPPsters;
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens;
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the RS's ability to effectively lead the region;
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Work closely with the RS to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
By embodying these qualities and responsibilities, you will help ensure that KIPP Texas is providing the highest quality education to its students and building strong, supportive communities of educators and leaders. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
This role will ultimately require comprehensive knowledge of the KIPP Texas Public Schools organization including our annual initiatives, strategic plan, and core values. The Executive Assistant will execute routine tasks and special projects as required, but not limited to the following:
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities: Skills:
- Proactively manage and prioritize calendar and critical emails for the RS
- Coordinate and oversee travel arrangements for the RS, ensuring that appointments and communications are handled in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate logistics, draft agendas, provide advance materials, and execute follow-up for meetings
- Advise RS on time and calendar by anticipating needs, reading, researching, drafting, and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications and troubleshooting
- Drafting communications related to the culture and management of the region
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems for the RS
- Prepare daily briefing materials for the RS
- Serve as a key connector for various stakeholders and departments at KIPP Texas, coordinating shared department trainings and other events
- Manage various special projects as assigned by the RS
- Support the RS in monthly expense reporting
- Plan and coordinate logistics and materials for regional meetings, committee meetings, team retreats, and other events as needed
- Participate in the assembly of resources and track materials for meetings for the RS
- Assist with the execution of departmental tasks, strategies, and initiatives.
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail; outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department
- Strong achievement orientation with exceptional time management skills and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one's work
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity.
Schedule and Location
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer/laptop
- Attending conferences or training sessions
- Monday - Friday (hours to be determined)
- KIPP Texas San Antonio regional SSP Office
- Typical office environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to travel to various locations, travel time approximately 15% - 25%
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise.
As a full time KIPP Texas employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options, as well as life insurance and disability plans. KIPP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability