KIPP, Capital Region is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join their growing team in
Albany/Troy, NY! As a member of the Executive Leadership Team and reporting directly to the CEO, the COO will play a key role in leading and optimizing KIPP Capital Region's operations. In addition to serving as a vital thought partner to the CEO and other senior leaders, the COO will manage the teams charged with delivering exceptional school operations, facilities management, security, student enrollment, and information technology across KIPP Capital Region's network of 7 schools.
KIPP Capital Region is a part of a national network of high-performing public Charter Schools committed to creating joyful, academically excellent, and prepared students with the skills, ability, and confidence to pursue their paths to college, career, and beyond.
The COO believes in effective and efficient operations, grounded in equity and anti-racism, as the core foundation for the success of others. They will roll up their sleeves and work alongside operational teams within our schools in order to fulfill KIPP's vision of preparing students in under-resourced communities for success in school, college, and life. They will provide leadership, guidance, and coaching to organizational leaders responsible for school-based and regional operations and support teams, finance, and information technology. They will provide exceptional coaching, development, and modeling in order to grow operational talent and establish leadership pipelines for non-instructional team members in partnership with the KIPP Leadership.
▪ Identifies, develops, and implements operational systems improvements that will support operations at KIPP Capital Region; both improving upon the current state and preparing for future growth.
▪ Oversees the finance & accounting team in support of the organization’s budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and financial reporting and compliance requirements
▪ Oversees the creation and management of standardized operating procedures for school-based operations (facilities, facilities maintenance, safety, supplies, food services, transportation, student recruitment) and IT to maximize the economy of scale and avoid duplicative efforts.
▪ Takes ultimate responsibility for ensuring instructional quality and academic performance by creating operational systems, human capital systems, and instructional programs that are scalable and sustainable.
▪ Brings and manages resources (people, financial, equipment) to support KIPP’s short- and long-term goals. Maintains a focus in the organization on the critical details essential to keeping the business running, such as financial information, risk management, and compliance systems.
▪ Sets and holds a vision of operational excellence for the organization.
▪ Collaborates with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team (SLT) refine and implement KIPP Capital Region's strategic plan.
▪ Translates strategy into a clear and shared vision and actionable plans for excellent operations and partners with leaders on their team as needed.
▪ Leads financial strategy for the organization, in collaboration with the finance & accounting team and outside partners.
▪ Sets team and individual goals that align with organization vision, mission, values, and goals. Provides resources needed to reach individual and team goals (human assets, dollars, tools) and consistently coaches others towards goals.
▪ Recruits and/or retains a highly effective staff and sets and upholds accountability systems for the operations team and organization.
▪ Creates developmental opportunities for staff to be more effective in their roles and progress towards career goals and build systems that encourage talent to grow in the organization and develops successors for own position
▪ Inspires and effectively manages staff, including multiple direct reports, to achieve extraordinary results using a culture of transparency, communication, accountability
▪ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited education institution, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
▪ 10+ years of progressively increasing operational leadership experience for a growing, multi-site organization, preferably within a school, healthcare, or emergency management setting.
▪ Commitment to KIPP Capital Region's mission and an unwavering belief that ALL students, regardless of their zip codes or demographics, will learn and achieve if given the right opportunities and support.
▪ Exceptional leadership skills that reflect KIPP Capital Region's commitment to DEI.
▪ Experience recruiting, mentoring and supporting diverse and high-performing teams, with strong aptitude for coaching across lines of difference.
▪ Firm commitment to building a team culture of high expectations, support, inclusion, and continuous learning; comfort soliciting and incorporating feedback and ideas from team members at all levels.
▪ Demonstrable track record of developing, implementing, and managing business systems and processes to support a large, complex, and growing organization.
▪ Experience setting vision, leading, planning and managing in a fast-paced setting.
▪ Holds high standards for project management while empowering others to proactively and creatively problem-solve, and model versatility and collaboration for the organization.
▪ Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making by leveraging stakeholder input and data.
▪ Experience in school operations and/or finance a plus.
▪ Salary range begins at $156,000
▪ Learn more about our Employee Benefits Summary here including:
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Aggressive employer 403(b) contribution match
Unparalleled work/life integration
Casual dress code
Relocation stipend (conditions apply)
This search is being managed by WorkMonger