St. Ann's Home & School is hiring classroom teachers for our educational program. St. Ann's is a well-established residential treatment center and special education school for emotionally and behaviorally troubled children. This is your opportunity to make your next career choice a meaningful one - and make a real difference.
- Directing instruction and formulation of academic and behavioral objectives for their students.
- Designing and implementing individualized programs for the emotionally disturbed, learning disabled, and behaviorally disordered students in their classrooms.
- Preparing written academic summaries, and attend and present reports at case conferences and annual student evaluation meetings.
- Collaborating with public school personnel regarding the formulation of educational plans and the reintegration of their students into the public schools.
- Meeting regularly with therapists to review the progress of students in all areas.
- Participating in a regular program of in-service training.
- Supervising assistants, student teachers, and volunteers.
St. Ann's Home offers competitive salary and benefits, tuition reimbursement, on-site trainings, a supportive working environment and potential for career advancement.
Classroom teachers must possess a valid Massachusetts license as a Teacher of Moderate Special Needs or Teacher of Students with Special Needs.
Classroom teachers should be able to sit for long periods of time, drive a motor vehicle, write extensively, talk for long periods of time, and be able to communicate with other agency personnel, LEA representatives, families and the children. Classroom teachers should be able to react quickly, lift and carry up to 20 pounds, climb stairs and physically restrain children.To apply for this position, follow this link and visit our Career Center.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Categories: Special Education > Emotionally Disabled
Special Education > Mild/Moderate Disabilities Employer Description
St. Ann's Home, Inc. is a residential and day treatment program with an on site school. We serve students with a primary emotional disability who cannot be maintained in the public school setting. St. Ann's school offers a general curriculum in a therapeutic milieu with appropriately licensed staff. Learn more about us... Location Description
The Mission of St. Ann's Home & School
is to provide a continuum of assessment, treatment, educational, and community-based services for children, adolescents, and young adults who present with a variety of mental health, emotional, and educational challenges. We seek to provide state-of-the-art programming and services in collaboration with these clients, their families, and other community and state agencies to help them manage their disabilities through our residential, day school, and community outreach programs with the goal of supporting the child in the least restrictive setting. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
St. Ann's Home is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Classroom teachers must possess a valid Massachusetts license as a Teacher of Moderate Special Needs or Teacher of Students with Special Needs.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Human Resources
- 100A Haverhill Street
- Methuen, Massachusetts 01844