The Randolph Public School Nurse provides comprehensive health services in accordance with the State law and regulations by minimizing each student's absence by creating a climate of health and well-being in the schools.
1. Provides temporary and emergency care to ill or injured students.
2. Evaluates the students' total health and development status through comprehensive health assessments
3. Dispenses, monitors and records all students' medications for acute and chronic health problems, consults with physician and parent regarding recommendation for medication adjustments or changes when needed.
4. Determines and maintains health clinic inventory of equipment and supplies per health services guidelines.
5. Promotes a positive image of school district and positive public relations at all times.
6. Supports the development and maintenance of school wellness program.
7. Conducts school programs in accordance with state requirements.
8. Maintains a daily log of pertinent student health information.
9. Assists with a health and safety in-service and education programs.
10. Completes accident reports of injuries for Principal and Superintendent.
11. Other relevant duties as assigned by the Principal
Salary and Terms per the Unit A Contract
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Student Services > School Nurse Employer Description
Randolph (MA), a town of over 32,000, resting about 10 miles south of downtown Boston, is one of the most diverse communities in the state of Massachusetts and is proud to have the 2015 Massachusetts Milken Educator Award winner. Our diverse population of over 3,000 students represents 45 different countries, speaking 40 different languages and dialects including Haitian-Creole, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Russian to name a few. We have four prek-5 elementary schools, one 6-8 middle school, and one 9-12 high school with an enrollment of approximately 800 students. As a whole, our students' growth on the MCAS has outpaced the State with some tremendous growth. Student performance on Advanced Placement exams continues to be a point of pride and the class of 2015 was accepted into more than 100 colleges and universities. We continue to use NWEA as our benchmark assessment measure and TeachPoint to document educator observations.
Prospective Teachers of Color in Critical Need Content Areas (Math, Science, Special Education, and English as a Second Language/SEI) and diverse, experienced Administrators are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about us... Location Description
As responsible members of Randolph Community Middle School, we pledge to honor the values we hold most important:
Respect for ourselves and others
Opportunities for all
Knowledge as power
By building our school upon this rock,
We will lay the foundation for our success. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
The Randolph Public Schools (RPS) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The RPS do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ethnic identity, sex, gender identity, disability, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or homelessness in admission to or participation in its programs and activities. RPS does not tolerate any form of discrimination, intimidation, threat, bullying, coercion and/or harassment that insults the dignity of others by interfering with their ability or freedom to learn and work. Job Requirements
- MA DESE license as Nurse, all levels - preferred but not required
Additional Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License
Current CPR Certification
A minimum of 2 years nursing experience required.
Previous experience as a school nurse, community health nurse or pediatric nurse preferred
Demonstrated experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural academic setting, preferred
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The Randolph Public School system has moved to a paperless application process and appreciates your support in this effort. Please submit all required documentation via School Spring and do not send follow up/additional paperwork or emails. If additional information is required, applicants will be contacted. Once all materials have been reviewed, applicants selected for interviews will be contacted directly by the hiring manager.
Please be sure to include your current educator license number and information and upload any and all transcripts you have to your School Spring application.Application Questions
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Kimberly Duane, Student Services Coordinator
- 40 Highland Avenue
- Randolph, Massachusetts 02368
- Phone: 781-961-6220
- Fax: 781-961-6270
- Email: click here