At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.
Rocketship Nashville Northeast is actively seeking a dedicated School Nurse to provide essential temporary leave coverage at our K-5 campus. As a valued member of our Front Office Team, the School Nurse collaborates closely with our office staff and School Leader team to ensure the well-being of our students by delivering necessary medical care. Responsibilities encompass a wide range of duties, including administering insulin injections, dispensing student medications, and offering necessary treatments to students referred to the Nurse's office for various health concerns, such as upset stomachs, bloody noses, scraped knees, and more. The School Nurse operates under the direct supervision of the Office Manager, playing a pivotal role in safeguarding the health and safety of our School Community. This is a temporary leave coverage position available from now until April 2024. Essential Functions
School and Community
- Evaluates the health needs of students attending assigned schools.
- Provides or arranges for selected screenings and assessments.
- Provides care coordination/case management.
- Provides generalized health services.
- Implements medication distribution system.
- Maintains student health records.
- Assist in identifying needed community resources for students and makes appropriate referrals to resources to support health and well being of students and applicable family members
- Deliver specified medical support in Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), 504 plans, and behavior plans.
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of Rocketship and subscribe to Rocketship's Five Core Values
- Hold high expectations for each student and exhibit positive rapport with all students
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Create and fosters a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Licensed nurse in the state of TN (LPN required, RN accepted)
- Commitment to working with underserved students (Required)
- Experience working in an urban public school (Preferred)
- Rocketship Nashville Northeast - 2526 Dickerson Pike, Nashville 37207.
$25 - $30 an hour
Based on years of experience. COVID-19:
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions, including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a condition of employment or subject to religious or medical exemptions. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
. Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.