About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,800 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness. In the school year 2023-2024, we will grow to 12 schools serving over 5,000 studentsWho We Seek
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data, and results-oriented, we'd love to see you apply.
During the 2023-2024 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
1. Going Green on the Colorado School Performance Framework
2. 90% Student Persistence
3. 95% Daily Attendance
4. Fully Enrolled by October Count
5. Academic Goals
-Elementary: Pre-K Students show 1 year of growth
-Elementary: Kinder through 2nd Grade Students Grow 1.25 years in ELA and Math
-Elementary: 40% of 3rd through 5th Grade students meet their Millionaire Goal (1 million words read)
-Middle School: 40% of 6th through 8th Grade Students meet their Millionaire Goal (2 million words read)
-High School: 100% College Acceptance
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. School-based staff members will work towards 2 or 3 metrics that are aligned to both their individual roles AND the Big 5. These metrics vary by position and are subject to change. Position Salary
The salary for this position is $35,000 to $50,250.SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support students in all academic settings as directed by the Special Education and General Education teachers.
- Assist General Education classroom teachers in providing accommodations and modifications for students.
- Provide instruction at centers or small groups as directed by the Special Education Teacher.
- Actively identify students that are struggling and provide assistance.
- Ensure students are given time to be independent. This includes:
- Giving students opportunities to attempt and/or complete a task on their own.
- Giving students processing time and not providing answers if they do not immediately respond to questions. Refraining from putting words in students' mouths or guessing what they are saying/thinking.
- Being realistic about the amount of processing time and not allowing students to purposely waste time.
- Actively listen to all directions given in the classroom and be ready to repeat these instructions to students multiple times, if necessary.
- Help students read questions and passages in math, science, and life skills when necessary.
- Be familiar with online progress monitoring tools to support Special Education teachers with IEP Case Management requirements
- Monitor student progress on assignments in all classes using proximity (i.e. walking around the classroom) and not sitting with one student the entire class period, unless specifically assigned as a one-on-one.
- Communicate regularly with teachers about students who are struggling to brainstorm approaches to support (including attending formal IEP and grade-level team meetings).
- Collaborate to establish and maintain systems and routines to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Attend students' lunch time when possible in order to build relationships outside of the learning environment.
- Provide supervision of students during before and after school activities (daily hall duty, lunch duty once a week and after-school dismissal once a week)
- Communicate regularly and often with families (by phone, email, and/or home visits) to both solicit their input and share student social/emotional and academic progress.
- Participate in family and community events, including twice annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Chaperone community service learning projects, college campus visits, and local trips with students.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Commit to constant growth, reflection, and implementation as educators and professionals through regular coaching and professional development.
- Gain certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and other de-escalation strategies (yearly renewal required).
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade-level meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Additional Duties as assigned
Benefits - TOTAL REWARDS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with students or adults with disabilities
- PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Speaks Spanish
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities in any setting
- Experience working with multi-language learners
Want more information?
- Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
Please review our Rocky Mountain Prep Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our program! Please review our Fellowship FAQs to learn more about the RMP Teaching Fellowship!Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter Lexi Pacheco at [email protected]
. We appreciate your interest in Rocky Mountain Prep and look forward to getting to know you!