4150 Position Control:
Nutrition ServicesAccountable To:
Director of Nutrition ServicesFLSA Status:
July 1, 2017Summary:
Under general direction, incumbent(s) develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases and performs accounting functions to support the Nutrition Services Department; must have an understanding of required reporting for Federal Meal programs and be able to determine potential errors and coordinate financial data between the Accounting Department and the Nutrition Services Department. Essential Functions:
- Supervises office staff including determining workloads, establishing work schedules, monitoring work performance, recommending new hires and terminations, conducting performance evaluations, performing training functions of support staff, maintaining personnel records, resolving staff conflicts, and interpreting and implementing policies and procedures. Makes new hire recommendation for Food Service clerks and helpers.
- Reviews, records, and reconciles daily reports; using appropriate Food Service software, develops monthly and annual reports to complete Federal and/or State reporting requirements of all programs within the Food Service Department.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Food Service office. Answers and screen phone calls, directs inquiries to appropriate party, receives visitors, students and staff; responds to inquiries about the school or District Food Service programs, identifies sensitive issues and brings them to the immediate attention of the Principal.
- Manages administrative functions including preparing correspondence, memos, newsletters, bulletins, and reports. Develops record keeping systems, spreadsheets, Governing Board reports, and form designs.
- Processes, records, and collects all NSF checks returned to the Food Service program.
- Oversees download from SNAP and District Accounting software, generates cost center reports based on accounting calendar. Organizes and formats data into meaningful information to be included in weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Processes, records, and completes paperwork for student and adult account refunds.
- Costs, records, and invoices catering and contract feeding accounts; processes and deposits all receivables.
- Oversees all Intergovernmental agreements between the Department of Education and the Washington Elementary School District.
- Performs other duties as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A.A. degree preferred and three years experience in general accounting principles preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Analyzing business information and task flows;
- Data analysis and evaluations;
- Creating databases and spreadsheets;
- Computer applications;
- General accounting principals;
- Preparing concise information, written reports, correspondence, and memorandums;
- Applying consensus decision making;
- Applying generally accepted accounting principles to program revenue and expenditures;
- Working independently to meet priorities and deadlines;
- Interpersonal communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. sufficient to exchange information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Food Services Contact Information
- Lydia Garcia
- 4650 W Sweetwater Ave
- Glendale, Arizona 85304