The Weston Public Schools is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Office of the Superintendent, district leaders, and the Weston School Committee. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to create high-quality written documents and presentations. We are looking for a diverse pool of applicants who are inspired by our mission to educate, equip, and inspire all students to achieve their full potential and enrich their community.
- Embrace the diversity of the Weston Public Schools by fostering an environment of respect and inclusion
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain the Superintendent’s calendar; schedule and coordinate meetings; and ensure that obligations are met
- Assist with the preparation and management of internal and external communication tools (e.g., newsletters, website updates)
- Prepare Cabinet and Administrative Council meeting agendas and materials; organize Summer Administrative Retreat
- Support the Weston School Committee, including: schedule and organize school committee meetings; prepare materials; attend school committee meetings, take and prepare minutes; and maintain regular communication with all school committee members
- Support district leaders with special projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Interact with staff and community partners in a responsive, customer-focused manner, and be sensitive to confidential information
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or her designee
- Bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma and two years of college required, and at least three years of office experience, preferably in a school setting (or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Results driven, with excellent planning and a systems approach to project management
- Working knowledge of laws and policies relevant to the school's work
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat
- Skilled in developing professional presentations
- Comfortable administering remote video conferencing
- Expertise in spreadsheets and database applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
The Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent is a 12-month position, and the salary range is $50,000 - $64,000 per year (inclusive of a $5,000 stipend for supporting the School Committee). Additionally, the Weston Public Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package. Professional growth is ongoing in Weston and supported through multiple opportunities, both internally and externally.
The review of applications will begin immediately. Please note that we will carefully review every application, but only candidates invited to advance in the hiring process will be contacted.