Days and Hours VaryRequired Attachments:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Classified Reference Forms or Letters of Recommendation
The job of the Substitute Bus Driver is to operate school buses safely under all types of weather conditions, including but not limited to: fog, rain, hail, sleet, snow and ice. Transports students and other authorized persons on regular and special program "to and from school" routes and on field, extracurricular, and other extra activity trips as authorized by the school district officials.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate a school bus in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington and policies promulgated by OSPI.
- Service, inspect, and clean school buses and related equipment as required by state and district policy.
- Maintain control of student passengers as related to safety.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions that require the attention of any person other than the driver.
- Complete forms, records, and reports as required by state or local school district policy.
- Successfully complete school bus driver training programs and courses established by OSPI or the school district.
- Operate wheelchair lift and assist students loading and unloading from the school bus (only on lift bus).
- Relate effectively with parents, staff, and public in a multicultural and multiracial community.
- Perform other school bus driver-related duties as directed by local school district policies.Sufficient command of the English language to communicate with students, parents, district staff members, and other concerned people regarding all aspects of their job-related activities.
- Sufficient strength and agility to:
- Assist ill or physically impaired students to enter or exit a school bus through the passenger service door.
- Provide assistance to students in evacuating the bus in any accident or other emergency situation.
- Install tire chains and perform all pre-trip inspections as required by district practice.
This position could include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Install, service, or replace school bus equipment and accessories, including but not limited to: fire extinguishers, highway warning kits, first aid and mess kits, snow chains, etc.
- Perform required operational and safety inspections of the school bus and all related equipment.
- Clean and service the school bus to include interior cleaning and exterior bus washing; installation of fuel, oil, and coolant, etc.
- Operate all hand and foot controls installed in a school bus as required by Washington State (Minimum) School Bus Specifications.
- Perform basic first aid as appropriate, which may include CPR.
- Work effectively with a group of students, bussed together, of different grade levels, abilities, or program placement.
- Legible and accurate completion of forms, records, time sheets, trip requests, route studies, trouble reports, misconduct reports, accident reports and other clerical-type activities as may be required.
- Is punctual.
- Dress appropriately and wear proper foot protection for the job.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Washington State driver's license; Class B, CDL with appropriate endorsements.
- School bus driver authorization (per WAC 392-144).
- First aid qualified (eight hour Red Cross or equivalent).
- Successfully meeting all requirements of WAC 392-144 (drug, disclosure, fingerprinting).
- Excellent driving record (as verified by a complete driver abstract from DOL).
- Physically able to drive and perform all duties related to school bus driving.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- EdJobsNW .
- 6005 Tyee Drive SW
- Tumwater, Washington 98512