The job of "Substitute Bus Driver" is done for the purpose/s of transporting students over scheduled routes and/or special excursions; enforcing rules, regulations, and laws to maintain safety during transport; ensuring vehicle is in a safe operating condition; and ensuring safety of students during transport, loading and unloading from buses. Essential Functions:
- Assesses potential emergency situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action to protect the wellbeing of passengers.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe ingress and egress from buses including both emergency situations and normal transport.
- Attends training for the purpose of maintaining skills and meeting requirements for school bus certificate.
- Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior/exterior, for the purpose of maintaining appearance, sanitation and safety of vehicle.
- Directs students regarding safety for the purpose of enforcing rules, regulations, laws and safety.
- Drives schools buses and/or vans for the purpose of transporting students over scheduled routes and/or special excursions.
- Informs school personnel of practices and incidents (e.g. rules, regulations, laws, procedures) for the purpose of providing information for follow up action and/or proper procedures.
- Inspects assigned vehicles (i.e. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition.
- Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Fuels assigned vehicle for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- EdJobsNW .
- 6005 Tyee Drive SW
- Tumwater, Washington 98512