The job of the Bus Aide is to monitor student behavior on the school bus; maintain order and prepare behavior incident reports; assist driver with loading and unloading handicapped students. Transport students by district owned vehicle when deemed by the district expedient and necessary.Required Attachments:
Essential Job Functions:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Classified Reference Forms or Letters of Recommendation
- HS Diploma or Transcripts OR GED Diploma or Transcripts
- First Aid/CPR Card
- Substitute Documents
Other Job Functions:
- Assesses potential emergency situations or the purpose of taking appropriate action to protect the well-being of students.
- Assists students during transit to and from school and assists the bus driver in maintaining order; minimizes disruptive activity on the school bus for the purpose of ensuring student safety.
- Assists with loading and unloading of ambulatory and non-ambulatory handicapped students; ensures student safety while crossing street to and from bus.
- Attends to student needs enroute.
- Ensures that students observe safety practices and regulations.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (i.e. discipline, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to teachers and administration.
- Administers first aide for the purpose of providing emergency care of students.
Job Requirements-Qualifications:Experience Required:
- Assists other personnel as may be required in the completion of their work.
- Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Operate district owned vans or cars in a safe manner in a variety of road, traffic and weather conditions.
- Transport students to and from appointments and special education programs as determined necessary by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Performs other such tasks as assigned for the purpose of maintaining program consistency and efficiency.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Experience with students with physical and mental handicaps is preferred.
- Skills to operate district owned vans and cars.
- Possess, or be eligible for a Red Cross or comparable first aid certificate.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time;
- Lift and carry handicapped students
- Read, write, speak and communicate effectively
- Deal with students in a warm, confident manner
- Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Be fair and consistent when working with students
- Make common sense decisions in potentially critical situations
- Listen and communicate about student confidences
- Understand and communicate student bus safety rules and procedures
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with school district administrative personnel
- Use safe lifting procedures
- Monitor and correct student behavior
- Apply effective discipline methods
- Maintain confidentiality
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Significant physical abilities include: lifting/carrying, climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching/handling, pushing/pulling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual
High School Diploma or equivalentLicenses, Certification, and/or Testing required:
Valid Washington Driver's License, First Aid Certificate and CPR Card. Abstract from Department of Licensing.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- EdJobsNW .
- 6005 Tyee Drive SW
- Tumwater, Washington 98512