Performs daily and long term maintenance, housekeeping and janitorial care of buildings and equipment.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and care for a variety of equipment including vacuum cleaners, buffers, shampooers, floor scrubbers, ladders, etc.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, strip and buff floors.
- Dust, wash, wax, and polish furniture and woodwork. Clean blackboards, whiteboards, and other equipment.
- Wash windows, blinds, walls and doors.
- Empty and clean inside and outside waste receptacles.
- Clean restrooms, drinking fountains, and all plumbing fixtures.
- Replenishes tissue, towels, and soaps.
- Change light bulbs including exit lights.
- Pick up paper and other trash in school building or on school grounds.
- Report to supervisor any damages, needed repairs, safety or health issues.
- Load and unload furniture, materials, supplies, etc.
- Set up meeting rooms.
- Perform general light duty maintenance on buildings and grounds such as painting and minor repairs.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Act as lead worker and train new employees when requested.
- Complete records and reports as required.
- Open and secure buildings as required.
- Know and follow district policy and chain of command.
- Observe the rules of the school and principal.
- Deal with students, parents, staff, and others in a positive, encouraging manner.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish the major duties and responsibilities; good physical condition
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- EdJobsNW .
- 6005 Tyee Drive SW
- Tumwater, Washington 98512