MAJOR RESULTS EXPECTED:
To maintain the physical school plant and grounds in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.Support the District Mission and Strategic Plan. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or equivalent as required by OAR 581-37-030, Oregon Department of Education. Two years custodial work experience required.18 years of age or olderA minimum of three years of successful custodial experienceAbility to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing with students, parents, and teachersAbility to understand and follow oral and written instructionsAbility to lead and direct othersAbility to make minor repairsAbility to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill, efficiency, and safetyKnowledge of cleansing methods and the use, care and safety of cleaning materials and equipmentKnowledge of requirements for maintaining school buildings in a safe, clean, and orderly conditionKnowledge of the operation of a heating plant and equipmentFamiliar with handling and disposal of hazardous materialsPerform physical requirements which may include:
- Requires moderate to extensive degree of physical stamina and frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move furniture, desks, shelving, staging, and cleaning supplies
- Requires ability to operate buffers, scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, lawn mowers, and other equipment
- Requires ability to climb ladders stretch and bend to perform cleaning, repairs, painting, cleaning roof, gutters, and drains
- Ability to walk to various locations within the school building and the grounds
- Ability to work primarily in a standing position
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids in cleaning due to student injury or illness
14. Ability to work primarily during the daytime hours
15. Demonstrates support for the District Core Values, in the following manner:
- Interacting with colleagues, community members, students and parents in a respectful and trustworthy manner.
- Possesses an awareness and sensitivity to a variety of cultural practices and values.
- Collaborates with peers, parents, students and community members.
- Actively seeks out professional development opportunities.
- Is accountable for actions and following through on personal and professional goals.
- Holds high expectations for self, peers and students.
- Assesses personal performance and student outcomes for improvement.
16. Such alternative to the above requirements as the School Board or the Administration may
deem appropriate and acceptable.PREFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Helps in the selection, assignment, scheduling, and training of members of the custodial staff.Plans and oversees all maintenance and repair work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.Maintains an inventory and recommends purchase of suitable supplies, tools, and equipment.Evaluates the effectiveness of the custodial program on a regular basis.Strives constantly to promote the safety, health, and comfort of the students and staff.Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity.Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors can open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.Shovels, plows, and/or sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate.Raises the United States flag on each school day, as appropriate.Cleans corridors during the day when their condition requires it.Washes windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary. Reports safety, sanitary, and fire hazards to the proper authority.Reports immediately to the building administrator any damage to school property or major repairs needed.Maintains a regular maintenance schedule for all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring servicing.Assists, when directed, other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.Keeps an inventory of supplies, equipment on hand and requisitions such needed replacements from the maintenance department far enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as will not hinder the custodian in his/her duties.Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student and staff informationConducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair.Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the principal.Complies with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.Assist in greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate person and location.Participate in complete cleaning and routine maintenance of buildings during the extended breaks. Participate in inservice programs as assignedPerform such other as may seem to be appropriate to the Board or Administration CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING, AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED: Possess and maintain a valid First Aid card if required Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance Valid Oregon Driver's License (preferred) PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (See addendum)
Physical Work Requirements:
If yes, see link below to the addendum to Head Custodian description.Physical demands addendumWORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Days and hours to be arranged, with salary according to current schedule.EVALUATION:
Following the probationary period, performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
Job Categories: Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Peppi Kosikowski, HR Specialist
- 965 N BOONES FERRY RD
- Woodburn, Oregon 97071