January 18, 2021 (negotiable) Assignment:
Director, Level A1 (260 Days)
Wage range: $74,640-$87,812 based on experience
Comprehensive Benefits PackageReports to:
Superintendent of Midland Public Schools and/or designeePrimary Objective:
The Director will lead collaborative efforts to achieve the pillars of the Midland Public Schools Vision Statement, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Plan, and August 3 rd Board of Education Proclamation:
"Lead with respect, trust and courage. Ensure an equitable, collaborative, and inclusive culture. Enable all to achieve success ."
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic Planhttps://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:d6fe2802-2ecf-4dc5-bc3c-1ea274e9f331
Proclamation (Change the System, Eliminate Racism, and Create More Equitable and Inclusive Schools for all):https://www.midlandps.org/docs/district/depts/10/DEI/FinalRacismBoarddeclarationBOEApproved080320.pdfKey Responsibility Areas:
- Provide leadership and project management of the full diversity, equity, and inclusion district strategy.
- Partner with school leaders in the development and ongoing actions of school-based DEI teams (staff, students, and parents).
- Serve as a parent and community liaison for the district's DEI strategy.
- Coordinate and conduct equity, diversity, and inclusion training with all staff groups
- Support administrators and teachers in addressing and responding to specific events, including modeling inclusive communication and equitable discipline
- Research evidence-based practices to strengthen and advance the DEI strategy and plan of work.
- Review and assess district policies, practices, and decisions for impact on equity, and increase transparency on how district decisions and policies impact equity
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Department to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce.
- Collaborate with district staff in the enhancement of existing systems to ensure equitable support for all learners.
- Produce, analyze, and deliver quarterly qualitative and quantitative data reports to the leadership team, superintendent, and school board.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and/or experience: Masters' degree or minimum 3 years of experience leading equity initiatives in a school or professional organizational environment.
- Ability to lead across difference
- High level of cultural competence and cultural agility
- Demonstrated competency in researching evidence-based solutions, designing systems for solutions, implementation, and developing analytics to monitor and drive for outcomes
Job Category: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Kyle Kowalski
- 600 E Carpenter St.
- Midland, Michigan 48640