The ideal Shared Services Temp will work closely with the Shared Services Coordinators to assist them with duties associated with employee relations, employee performance, compensation, benefits, credentialing, and recruiting matters. This individual will be extremely motivated, driven, possess strong customer service and organizational skills. About Us
NHA, founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.Your Role
- Maintain and update personnel information in our HRIS system for payroll and reporting purposes with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide training on the use of the HRIS system to school personnel (principals, deans, and office staff). The individual selected for this position will be a main point of contact for Human Resource based personnel transactions.
- Process tuition reimbursement.
- Administer and maintain employee health and welfare and retirement benefits.
- Be knowledgeable on the credential requirements for instructional and non-instructional employees.
- Review credentials for new hires and position changes, collect related documents and update systems
- Maintenance of credentials for substitute and support positions.
- Assist with audits of personnel files at the Service Center and school locations, including obtaining and filing missing information.
- Data entering employee documentation.
- Intake and conduct quality review of volunteer applications, conduct volunteer background checks, update relevant systems, and audit schools for compliance.
- Open and sort HR mail physically and electronically.
- Unprofessional Conduct Checks (UPC's).
- Complete Verification of Employment requests.
- Facilitate background checks and completion of new hire documentation for all new hires nationwide (including fingerprinting).
- Other ad hock tasks as assigned by your manager.
- 0-3 years of experience in human resources is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience desired.
- Possess demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Word.
- A high degree of professionalism, maturity, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills utilized to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines.
- Must be dependable, professional, organized, detailed oriented and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and manage new forms systems related to benefits administration and employee data.
- Ability and comfort explaining processes and procedures to NHA employees, occasionally in a group setting.
- Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
To learn more about our core values, please click here
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.