The first step in creating a truly great school is finding a strong leader. Bring your passion for influencing and supporting our youth to National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a new school principal. Capstone Academy will be opening fall 2021 to make a difference in the lives of children in Commerce City, CO. This is an opportunity to establish a school from the very beginning - hiring your own staff and creating the ultimate safe learning environment for students. NHA principals are responsible for the overall quality of their school. Their key areas of focus are to develop the leadership of deans, ensure high quality of student learning, full school enrollment, high staff engagement, and to be a partner with the community.
At NHA, the principal is dedicated to achieving the purpose of "transforming the lives of students and enriching communities by delivering high-quality educational choice to families". Properly executed, the leadership of the principal improves student learning growth, increases college readiness, and enhances school health as measured by academic, financial, and cultural metrics. The principal role is pivotal in realizing these school and organizational goals.About Us
NHA is a charter school management company that operates 90+ schools across nine states serving over 60,000 students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, NHA is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe, secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent educational experience permeates the culture of our organization.
In this position, a director of school quality and a team of on-site instructional leaders will be there to support you every step of the way. Along with our result-driven curriculum and commitment to educating the whole child - academically, morally, and socially - you and your students will be set up for success.Your Role
- Establish an authentic relational community of staff, students and parents, collaboratively adopting a cultural identity based on a clear mission and vision of high achievement and college readiness for students
- Ensure implementation of rigorous curricula and assessments tied to both state and college readiness standards
- Ensure implementation of high-quality, effective instructional planning, classroom instructional strategies and administration of assessments of student learning to drive increases in student achievement
- Monitor multiple forms of student level data to assess and improve the quality and impact of school-wide intervention program
- Recruit, hire, assign and retain effective staff
- Increase teacher effectiveness through professional learning structures
- Oversee completion of evaluations of instructional staff for continuous improvement and accountability to results
- Train, develop and support a high-performing leadership team
- Identify school-wide priorities, set ambitious student learning goals and implement an aligned school improvement plan
- Organize time to support student learning and staff development priorities
- Allocate resources to align with the strategic plan
- Demonstrate self-awareness, reflection, ongoing learning and resiliency in the service of school-wide continuous improvement
- Constructively manage change with the ultimate goal of improving student achievement
- Additional duties as assigned
- Preferred school leadership experience working with K-12 diverse student population
- Demonstrate achievements in student proficiency and growth that can be linked to his/her leadership and intervention
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to see complex projects through from start to finish
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- School Administrator Licensure in states where this is required
- College diploma (BA or equivalent) or higher in Education or related field
To learn more about our core values, please click here
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.