KIPP Houston Public Schools Houston, TX Type:
Leadership & Support Staff Full Time/Part Time:
Full-Time Start Date:
Immediate Subject: Grade: Organization:
KIPP Houston Public SchoolsPreferred Locations: Contact: Email: JOB TITLE:
Campus Facilities ManagerABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLSBackground
Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in the movement to provide all children with access to an exemplary education and the academic and character skills necessary to thrive in and graduate from college, positively impact their communities, and lead choice-filled lives.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impact more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2019-2020 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 29,000 students in 55 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural "North Star":
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 224 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .The Opportunity
The Campus Facilities Manager position manages the daily facility maintenance and custodial services at an assigned property or properties. This role will ensure that KIPP Texas students have access to a clean, maintained and safe facility, which provides an environment supportive of learning and growth. Campus Facilities Managers acts as the main point of contact for schools and departments housed on the property and ensures that the facility is maintained according to internal service level agreements. As a key member of the statewide Facilities team, the Campus Facilities Manager will report to the Regional Facilities Manager. The role manages Custodial, Sr. Facilities Technician staff and custodial services on campus. This role furthers the mission of KIPP by providing a clean and safe learning environment for students and faculty.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible for team performance as measured by state determined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Schedule daily maintenance and custodial work for on-time completion with high standards/quality via a work order system
- Communicate and coordinate with school administrative teams for functioning of department to include event set ups, reservations, shared spaces, etc
- Manage custodial and maintenance teams on campus, including KIPP Texas employees as well as outsourced cleaning services
- Manages Custodial and Sr Manager of Facilities staff at assigned facility, including hiring and firing
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and scheduling of all maintenance and custodial staff
- Administer and audit the campus facilities budget and manage employee time
- Point of contact for all vendors completing facilities work on campus
- Manages campus security (in some locations), sets expectations, develops post orders, creates schedule, manages budget
- Support school operations and sometimes Lead for Campus emergency planning and response
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure campus environment.
- On call emergency resource during hours and ensuring proper coverage for response after hours
- Planning and execution of major projects and annual summer work including painting, floor care, deep cleaning, and furniture needs for the assigned property
- Responsible for facility related compliance
- Manages preventive maintenance programs, custodial supply orders, and key management for the entire campus
- Attend meetings, professional development meetings and training session "Continuous Learning"
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimum 5-10 years' work experience including experience managing a team; facilities related experience preferred
- Proven ability in utilizing data to drive change, identify and solve problems, and inform decision making
- Proven ability to manage employee performance including accountability measures, improvement plans, disciplinary and corrective actions
- Exhibit leadership ability and strong customer service skills
- Ability to identify problems and proactively find solutions
- Extreme flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple, changing priorities
- Technical and practical knowledge of business systems and the maintenance and repair thereof is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; interpersonal skills required to maintain positive relations and obtain cooperation with a broad group of stakeholders at all levels with different needs and interest
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize assigned work to meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Unquestioned integrity and passion for public education and working with under served communities
- Continuous learner
- Must have reliable transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with a facilities work order system, such as School Dude or similar, is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.