POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: The Cabarrus County School System is accepting applications for a ten-month Cafeteria Manager I.
This vacancy is at Wolf Meadow Elementary.HOURS PER DAY: 8 HOURSAPPLICATIONDEADLINE: November 14, 2020 OR UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
Non-Exempt General Definition of Work
Performs intermediate skilled human support work planning, coordinating, assigning, overseeing and participating as required in the preparation, cooking and serving of food, preparing and maintaining necessary records and files, and related work as apparent or assigned. Continuous supervision is exercised over SNP Assistants.Qualification Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- ServSafe certification preferred. If not currently certified, must successfully complete ServSafe certification within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum one year of experience in institutional food service required.
- School Nutrition experience preferred.
- Current SNP Manager or SNP Manager Trainee preferred.
Pay Grade 63Reports to
SNP SupervisorEssential Functions
- Prepare quality food according to standardized recipes in accordance with the planned menu.
- Serve food according to planned menus, standardized recipes, program policies and procedures.
- Direct cashier responsibilities, following proper cash handling procedures.
- Open and close cafeteria.
- Maintain records required by local, state and federal auditors as well as health inspectors.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare a variety of special food service, banquet, snack and catered programs.
- Perform daily activities in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Supervise food production, ensuring the safety and quality of food in accordance to policies, procedures and program requirements.
- Ensure food items are stored in a safe and hazard- free environment using the FIFO method.
- Submit appropriate supply and food orders.
- Maintain appropriate inventory control.
- Prepare and maintain detailed and current work schedules for staff.
- Prepare accurate meal forecasting.
- Provide staff with appropriate standardized recipes.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly financial and meal production records.
- Establish and enforce standards of cleanliness, health and safety in accordance with HACCP.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Provide staff training.
- Promote teamwork among all SNP employees.
- Perform personnel management responsibilities and maintain detailed SNP employee documentation as needed.
Number of Labor Hours Manager Level Base Rate
- Attend all trainings and meetings scheduled by the School Nutrition Program.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all SNP personnel along with
- Work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Direct and supervise SNP Assistants working:
Up to 47 hours per day I 63 From 48 to 59 hours per day II 64 Over 60 hours per day III 65 Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge of the preparation, cooking and serving of food in large quantities.
- General knowledge of food quality and values.
- Some knowledge of special dietary requirements.
- General knowledge of the practices used in receiving and storing food in large quantities.
- General knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety measures used in food handling and in the operation, cleaning and care of utensils, equipment and work area.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and school staff.
- Requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force.
- Frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, tasting or smelling, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by using the spoken word and conveying detailed, important instructions to other accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing is required to receive detailed information at normal spoken word levels, to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound.
- Requires visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts.
- Requires use of measuring devices.
- Requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
- Occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to the risk of electrical shock and blood borne pathogens.
- Occasionally may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), to extreme hot and/or cold (non-weather), to fumes or airborne particles, and to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- May be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Food Services Employer Description
Cabarrus County Schools is among the largest school systems in North Carolina with 42 schools and 33,000 students. We are also one of the largest employers in Cabarrus County - with nearly 3,800 employees.
Our Mission: Empowering students to build their futures
Our Vision: Cabarrus County Schools - inspiring minds, engaging hearts and shaping futures
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @CabCoSchools @CabCoHR #TeachCabCo Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Angela Wood, HR Coordinator
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025