POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: The Cabarrus County School System is accepting applications for a ten-month Cafeteria Manager Trainee.
This vacancy is at School Nutrition Manager Trainee Program.HOURS PER DAY: 7.5 HOURSAPPLICATIONDEADLINE: November 14, 2020 OR UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
Non-Exempt General Definition of Work
Performs intermediate semiskilled work preparing to become an effective School Nutrition Manager and learning all facets of the USDA Child Nutrition Program. In the absence of the manager, the trainee may be responsible for or may assist in food production and service, cash and inventory accountability as well as facility maintenance. The work may also involve supervision of SNP Assistants.Qualification Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- ServSafe certification preferred. If not currently certified, must successfully complete ServSafe certification within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum one year of experience in institutional food service required.
- School Nutrition experience preferred.
- SNP Assistant III preferred.
- Must successfully complete an entrance examination.
Pay Grade 55Reports to
SNP Supervisor and Training ManagersEssential Functions
- Prepare quality food according to standardized recipes in accordance with the planned menu.
- Serve food according to planned menus, standardized recipes, program policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Perform cashier responsibilities, following proper cash handling procedures.
- Assist management with daily activities in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Assist management with supervising food production, ensuring the safety and quality of food in accordance to policies, procedures and program requirements.
- Ensure food items are stored in a safe and hazard- free environment using the FIFO method.
- Assist management with supply and food orders.
- Assist management with inventory control.
- Assist management in preparing and maintaining detailed work schedules for staff.
- Assist management in completing accurate meal production records.
- Assist management with meal forecasting.
- Assist management in ensuring staff accurately complete daily meal production records.
- Assist management in providing staff with appropriate standardized recipes.
- Assist management with maintaining accurate daily, weekly and monthly financial and production records.
- Operates dishwasher, dryer, and other food service mechanical equipment.
- Assist management with establishing and enforcing standards of cleanliness, health and safety in accordance with HACCP.
- Assist management with maintaining a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Assist management with providing staff training.
- Promote teamwork among all SNP employees.
- Assist with directing and supervising SNP assistants.
- Assist with personnel management responsibilities and maintaining detailed SNP employee documentation as needed.
- Attend all trainings and meetings scheduled by the School Nutrition Program.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all SNP personnel along with school administration and staff.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to understand and effectively perform food preparation and safety instructions.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures.
- Ability to operate commercial grade large and small kitchen equipment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations.
- Basic computer/technology knowledge.
- Effective planning and organizational skills. Ability to effectively manage personnel.
- Must possess basic writing and grammar skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally.
- Requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force.
- Frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, tasting or smelling, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by using the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to receive detailed information at normal spoken word levels.
- Requires visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts.
- Requires use of measuring devices.
- Requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
- Requires assembly or fabrication of parts within arm's length.
- Occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to the risk of electrical shock and blood borne pathogens.
- Occasionally may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), to extreme hot and/or cold (non-weather), to fumes or airborne particles, and to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- May be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Performance is evaluated through examinations, on site observations, conferences and submitted documents. Evaluations will be completed by the SNP Supervisor with input from the Training Managers and SNP office staff. At conclusion of training period, trainee will remain at one of the training schools or fill in a manager's absence until hired as a School Nutrition Manager.Disclaimer
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Job Categories: Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Food Services Employer Description
Cabarrus County Schools is among the largest school systems in North Carolina with 42 schools and 33,000 students. We are also one of the largest employers in Cabarrus County - with nearly 3,800 employees.
Our Mission: Empowering students to build their futures
Our Vision: Cabarrus County Schools - inspiring minds, engaging hearts and shaping futures
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @CabCoSchools @CabCoHR #TeachCabCo Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Angela Wood, HR Coordinator
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025