Special Education Paraeducator at Cares/Pride (7 hours)
Supervisor: Building Administrator
Contract Length: 190 days, or as assigned
Job Classification: Paraeducator
FLSA Status: Non-ExemptIn the Fort Dodge Community School District, we are professional, high-performing team players focused on delivering the best possible learning experience for each one of our 3700 students. We respect diversity, value integrity, reward competitively, celebrate success and support employee growth and development. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people as part of our Dodger family. Compensation
- $12.70 - $13.40 / hour
- All positions assigned 30 or more hours weekly (typically 6 hours daily) are eligible for a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance and paid leave.
Assist teachers in the instruction, supervision, and care of students in a variety of instructional settings, including special education, general education, work/community, early learning, and school bus, as assigned. Essential Functions
- Assist teachers with educational activities.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and orderly educational environment.
- Assist in implementing consistent behavior management strategies and procedures.
- Supervise lunchroom, recess, halls, classroom, bus loading/unloading, and other assigned areas.
- Clarify and reinforce teachers' instructions and reinforce skills taught by the teacher.
- Chart/graph student performance.
- Assist students with work completion.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of students' Individual Education Plans.
- Prepare and organize instructional materials and equipment.
- Assist in meal and snack preparation and clean up, as needed.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing the classroom environment.
- Follow students' behavior management plans.
- Perform personal care duties for students with disabilities, as needed.
- Assist with instruction in the community setting, as required.
- Lift, carry and correctly position students with physical disabilities.
- Prepare instructional materials.
- Complete Medicaid documentation, as necessary.
- Feed, toilet and diaper students as needed.
- Implement strategies to maintain/increase appropriate behavior and reduce inappropriate behavior.
- Supervise students in community/work settings.
- Follow directions from teachers and administrators.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Provide supervision to students on the school bus, as assigned.
- Attend work on a prompt and reliable basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Ability to engage students with special needs
- Ability to carry out duties cooperatively with others
- Ability to follow health, safety, and emergency procedures
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Amount of Time Physical Activity Occasionally(1%-32%) Frequently(33%-65%) Constantly(66%-100%)
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Mobility - - X Bend - X - Talk - - X Hear - - X Operate Computer X - - Stationary Position X - - Balance - - X Lift Up to 10 pounds - X - Lift up to 50 pounds X - - Manual Dexterity Tasks - X - Reaching/Pushing/Pulling X - - Sitting - X - Carrying (25 feet) X - - WORKING CONDITIONS: Amount of Time Working Conditions Occasionally(1%-32%) Frequently(33%-65%) Constantly(66%-100%)
District Office Hours - - X Indoors - - X Weekends/Off Schedule X - - Temperature Extremes X - -
It is the policy of the Fort Dodge Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, physical attributes, religion, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, veteran's status, actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, services, and employment practices. If you have questions or grievances related to this policy, please contact Dr. Stephanie Anderson (Director of Elementary Education), and Dr. Kirsten Doebel (Director of Secondary Education), Central Administration Office, 109 North 25 th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, (576-1161) or contact the Civil Rights Midwestern Division for U. S. Department of Education Office, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-4544. (Alternate for Section 504 is Pamela Stangeland, Director of Special Education/Special Needs, 515-574-5675
). The District's Compliance Coordinator for Affirmative Action is Kimberly Whitmore, who can be reached at 576-1161 or 109 North 25 th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The District's Designated Investigators of Physical/Sexual Abuse of Students by School Employees are Dr. Stephanie Anderson (Director of Elementary Education), and Dr. Kirsten Doebel (Director of Secondary Education). They can be reached at 576-1161 or 109 North 25 th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The alternate is Pam Stangeland. She can be reached at 574-5675 or 109 North 25 th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501. The District's Officers for Harassment Complaints and Allegations are Dr. Stephanie Anderson (Director of Elementary Education), and Dr. Kirsten Doebel (Director of Secondary Education). They can be reached at 576-1161 or 109 North 25 th Street, Fort Dodge, IA 50501.Fort Dodge Community School District is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Janina Denetelli
- 109 North 25th Street
- Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501