- Assist at all three levels. Also help manage all aspects of the high school program including summer program, tryouts, practice schedules, and routines.
- Provide regular communication with parents/families.
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary support systems to ensure their academic eligibility.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports and encourage athletes to compete in other programs.
- Assist Head Coach in developing and implementing an off-season program for athletics.
- Coordinate with the local youth program below the 9th grade level.
- Work with local media as needed and establish strong working relationships with community support groups.
- NFHS Fundamentals of coaching certification
- NFHS Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs and Substances Training
- ODE Steroid Certification
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification
- School District assigned personnel trainings
- Protecting Students from Abuse
- Concussion Management
- Heat Illness Prevention
- COVID 19 for Coaches and Athletic Directors
- District Fingerprinting/Criminal Background check
- High ethical and professional standards.
- The presence to be a role model for high-school student-athletes public face of the program
- A commitment to the importance of academic excellence and achievement for all student-athletes in the program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead young student-athletes.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, including parents/community.
- Skill in organization, time management, and public relations.
- A thorough knowledge of cross country, skill development, and coaching techniques.
- The skill to teach running fundamentals, develop and teach game strategy and articulate a program philosophy.
- Applicants should have experience as a head coach at the high school level, or assistant coach at the college or 5A/6A level.
- Applicants should have experience participating at the high school and/or college level.
: $2,727.00 - $3,146.00 (Group F Extra-Duty Stipend Schedule), pro-rated to length of season.Hiring contingent on active season as determined by state re-opening metrics and OSAA requirements.How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online at: https://newberg.schoolrecruiter.net/index.aspx
. For customer support please contact 1.877.974.7437 or you can reach live chat at this link .
If you have any questions, please contact: Tim Burke, Athletic Director, Newberg High School 503-554-4418, [email protected]
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Loree Reinhardt, Human Resource
- 714 E 6TH ST
- Newberg, Oregon 97132