Job Title: Paraprofessional Reports To: Teacher, Assistant Principal, or Designee Supervisory:
X Employees Contract WorkersEligible for Overtime: Yes
(yes or no)
If no: X Professional Executive Administrative OtherPay Type:
Hourly Job Titles Supervised:
To engage students, collaborate with others to promote student success, provides outreach and support services, as well as respond to identified students ensuring that each student successfully achieves personal and program goals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements regarding this non-exempt level position
consist of duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages may vary depending upon location assignments and other factors.Identified Core Duties
Community and Legal Resources-Engagement-Connect
Support: Academic/Social Emotional-Engagement-Connect
- Transport students for school-related activities utilizing the required CDE Driver Certification and CDE Certified GOAL vehicle.
- Monitor student attendance data to identify and provide interventions to students who are not actively engaged in school, including, but not limited to, home visits and conference on calls.
- Ensure quality and timely documentation of all interventions provided.
Community and Legal Resources
- Collaborate with regional leadership to ensure accurate truancy documentation is provided to the court.
- May attend, as needed, truancy court hearing of an identified student.
- Complete assigned training and adhere to school policy and state law, including, but not limited to, confidentiality, mandatory reporting and compliance.
- Collaborate with a GOAL Social Worker to connect students to identified external resources to support individual student needs.
Support: Academic/Social Emotional
- Actively recruit new students through community partnerships and events utilizing GOAL marketing materials.
Level I Tech Support for Students
- Utilize GOAL HelpDesk ticketing system to communicate needs with the IT department. Verify resolution of ticket, and communicate to student.
- Facilitate student's working with their teachers for academic learning and growth.
- Facilitate student access to accommodations as needed.
Social Emotional Support
- Facilitate student access to identified social emotional support staff as needed.
- Champion GOAL's culture of assessment by ensuring student participation and proctoring throughout the year.
- Understand the student experience in GOAL learning platforms, including, but not limited to, progress reports, schedules, and transcripts.
- Build connections with staff, students, and parents to keep the student progressing toward academic success, including, but not limited to, providing progress reports and student, parent, staff conferences.
- Possess and share a general knowledge of GOAL Academy's extra-curricular activities and student opportunities.
- Maintain daily student communication and document attendance utilizing identified GOAL systems.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
- Participate in daily POD huddles to establish clear lines of communication and define daily responsibilities with fellow POD teammates for the success of assigned students.
- General associate's degree preferred, but not required.
- Spanish Speaking preferred, but not required.
- Must possess a valid drivers license - Required.
- Able to meet paraprofessional highly qualified requirements as defined by the Colorado Department of Education preferred, specifically:
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent (e.g., the GED); AND
- Demonstrate subject matter competency by:
- Earning an Associate (or higher) degree; OR
- Completing at least two years (48 credit hours) of study at an institution of higher education; OR
- Passing a formal state or local assessment measuring one's knowledge of and ability to assist classroom teachers in reading, writing and mathematics
Or other background demonstrating application of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Two years of experience working with students in a secondary school or school system preferred
- Experience working with at risk youth preferred
Physical Requirements of this position include: WORKING ENVIRONMENT: SELDOMOCCASIONALFREQUENTSELDOMOCCASIONALFREQUENT
- Knowledge of the elements of healthy school engagement and methods of influencing students' active involvement in their own success.
- Knowledge of effective study skills and effective time management techniques and ability to convey them to high school students in an effective manner
- Love for children and ability to work enthusiastically on their behalf
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time-management, verbal and written communication skills as evidence by experience in managing students
- Knowledgeable and comfortable working with technology. Able to competently and persistently apply problem solving skills towards technology issues.
- Proven ability to serve on student-centered teams and participate in a collaborative decision making process
- Ethical, honest, and good-humored.
- Strong work ethic to achieve both school and personal goals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with regard to students and families.
- Willingness to travel regionally as required.
- Mist be willing to drive company vehicle and transport students.
COLD (50 F or less)
VISUAL ACUITY: Near
HEAT (90 F or more)
VISUAL ACUITY: Far
CRAWLING OR KNEELING
WORK WITH OTHERS
(please list) MOVING HEAVY ITEMS: SELDOMOCCASIONALFREQUENT
COMPUTER and MOUSE
LIFTING OVER SHOULDER
REACHING OVER SHOULDER
OTHER (please list)
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 3621 West 73rd Avenue Unit C and D
- Westminister, Colorado 80030