Collaborative Management Program - Youth Advocate Location: Lincoln County School District, Limon, Genoa Hugo and Karval Status: Non-Exempt Salary/Benefits: $38,000 annual salary, health and welfare benefits Hours: 32 - 35 hour per week Supervision received: Works under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator of the Collaborative Management Program
POSITION SUMMARY This position is grant funded from the Colorado Department of Education Expelled and At-Risk Student Services (EARSS) Grant. The Youth Advocate will work with students grades K-12 who are identified as at-risk, including students who are: receiving disciplinary action, currently expelled, enrolled but truant, and at risk of being declared, or have been declared, habitually truant. The Youth Advocate will work each Lincoln County School District: Limon, Genoa-Hugo and Karval. The advocate position requires the ability to build trusting relationships with students, as well as the ability to identify areas of need, concern, and barriers. This may include addressing the needs of the family as a whole. The Youth Advocate will work closely with the Collaborative Management Program and other professionals in creating a plan, bridging resources, and implementing services in the best interest of the youth's continued success.
• Meets regularly with students
• Collects/Maintains records on attendance, grades, and progress
• Lead worker for the District Attendance Review Board meetings
• Establish ongoing collaborative relationships with school districts.
• Consults with teachers regarding students with complex needs.
• Provides information and connection to community resources and public benefits. • Consults with other agencies and departments when necessary.
• Participates in CMP meetings and services. • Participates in supervision sessions. • Performs other job duties as assigned. • Must pass background check
EDUCATION Associate degree - preferred bachelor's degree in psychology, social work or another human services field. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work well with special populations while maintaining appropriate boundaries • Able to identify and nurture strengths and encourage client's autonomy
• Skill to serve culturally diverse populations, while identifying cultural considerations impacting service provision
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates effective time management and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work as a team member
• Knowledge of basic computer literacy such as e-mail communication and word processing
• Ability to travel to each school in Lincoln County and its service area each week.
ADDITIOAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS • Must have a current Colorado Driver's license, required to drive own vehicle to conduct visits, a good driving record and proof of insurance • Must be able to pass a criminal background check • Must be able to pass a urinalysis drug screenEqual Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- John McCleary
- PO BOX 249
- Limon, Colorado 80828