Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in partnering with families and communities, to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career, and beyond - so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impacting more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2020-2021 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 31,100 students in 59 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
The mission and vision of KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural North Star:
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.Job Description
Achievement Specialists will have the opportunity to play a significant role in ensuring that our instructional vision is lived inside of our classrooms and schools by supporting school leadership teams with program implementation, instructional coaching, aligned data-analysis practices and aligned professional development opportunities.Key Responsibilities
- Increases student achievement
- Identify equity gaps and provide clear, actionable feedback to the Assistant Principals of Instruction
- Knows the achievement across the region in the assigned content area and at priority campuses and can speak to the region-wide/campus level response to the data
- Analyzes portfolio data on a cycle, action plans, and communicates with the appropriate individuals using data to drive decisions and actions at the campus and regional level
- Observes classrooms regularly and provides clear, actionable feedback to the Assistant Principals of Instruction
- Observes and/or facilitates content team meetings, as requested & provides feedback that leads to improvement of the content team meetings
- Works side-by-side to develop content knowledge and coaching skill of Assistant Principals of Instruction and/or Instructional Coaches
- Bachelor's degree (required), master's degree (preferred)
- Experience as an Assistant Principal or Instructional Coach
- Three or more years of teaching experience
- Expert-level knowledge of curriculum as it relates to content, courses, standards alignment, and assessments
- Strong ability to coach others towards improvement regardless of reporting relationship
- Well-developed communication and problem-solving skills
- Achieved significant academic gains as a teacher or leader
- Experience developing and leading professional development
- Experience analyzing data and using results to increase student mastery
- Advances equity and academic excellence for all students to include students with disabilities
- Strong knowledge of pedagogical practices to ensure high levels of engagement and academic mastery for students with low academic performance
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.