Position Title: Food Service Assistant
Location: Southwest Elementary School (Roamer postion that may be assigned to other schools as needed)
Reports To: Kitchen Manager, Food Service Director and/or Principal/Assistant Principal
Status: Ten (10) month position
First day of school for students - Last day of school for students
2.25 hrs/day; 11:40 a.m. - 1:55 p.m.
During COVID = 3.25 hrs/day; 10:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt SUMMARY
The Food Service Assistant provides support in our student nutrition program by working in our school cafeterias by preparing and serving food, cleaning and sanitizing all items and areas within the department, handling food purchase transactions, all while providing excellent customer service to staff and students. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Washes and sanitizes dishes,
- Prepares and assembles food,
- Rotate, fill and cleans condiments,
- Rotates daily serving and cashier duties,
- Replenishes food as needed,
- Fills tables,
- Cleans and sanitizes milk cooler,
- Puts away stock,
- Sweeps and mops the floor,
- Cleans and sanitizes work station,
- Completes daily production records,
- Breaks down boxes, takes out trash and recyclables to dumpster,
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student accounts,
- Participates in in-service training as required.
- Regular, predictable attendance,
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily and have the requisite knowledge, skill and/or ability referenced below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
None. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma (or equivalent); and must pass a basic math skills test. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English language;
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions;
- Ability to work with the general public and students.
:QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of District requirements and Board policies / administrative guidelines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, speaking clearly and communicating thoughts succinctly;
- Ability to react well under pressure, handle and balance multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism with minimal supervision;
- Accurate and detail oriented; and
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers, administration and the school community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate hands, eyes, feet and limbs in performing semi-skilled movements such as cooking, washing dishes and operation of a computer keyboard, cash register, and telephone. The employee is required to be on his/her feet walking around the cafeteria and food service department building for several hours at a time. The employee is required to exert physical effort in work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, walking, standing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds from floor to waist height. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTABILITY
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. The work environment is normally indoors with controlled climate conditions. Occasionally the employee may be required to be outdoors for a short period of time, and therefore subject to varying weather conditions, for purposes of accomplishing the essential functions of this job. This position requires the employee to work in different building cafeteria and food service departments as needed. The ability to travel via employee's automobile between buildings is required. FUNCTIONS OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
This position description has been prepared to define the general duties of the position, provide examples of work and to detail the required knowledge, skills and ability as well as the acceptable experience and training for the position. The description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the duties of employees under supervision. The Howell Public School District retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any portion of this description in its sole judgment.
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
This position description is not a contract for employment.
Howell Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its educational policies or practices on the basis of religion, race, color, sex, national origin or handicap of any individual. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District. For more information on this posting or employment opportunities with Howell Public Schools, call (517) 568-6241 or visit www.howellschools.com
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Liza Kelly
- 411 N. Highlander Way
- Howell, Michigan 48843