Full Time Substitute Teacher REPORTS TO:
Principal or Assistant Principal BEGINNING DATE:
Open Until Filled KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of core academic subjects
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Flexibility with strong skills in using superior judgment when making decisions
- Ability to establish effective and positive rapport with staff and students
- Ability to incorporate technology in daily tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information
- Ability to work effectively with diverse student population including students with special needs
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in the classroom
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Two year Associate's Degree in Education preferred
- Associate's Degree required (must include an emphasis in mathematics, reading, writing and content knowledge)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required
- ETTP course completion and dated certificate must be obtained within the first school year of employment (to register for ETTP, contact [email protected])
- Must hold or obtain a NCDHSS Qualifying Letter to work in childcare settings
Pay Grade 53FLSA Status:
Implements prepared lesson plans. Maintains good order and discipline in classroom that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies. Completes all necessary records accurately such as attendance, grades, inventories, etc. Fulfills reasonable duties and responsibilities of the classroom teacher when the regular teacher is absent. Monitors student interaction while keeping students on task. Ensures the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate. Maintains the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned. Maintains classroom arrangement and ensures that all materials and equipment in classroom are used appropriately. Promotes proper use and care of school property. Addresses and reconciles minor student conflicts and requests assistance from administration when support is needed for more serious incidents. Reports all student injuries, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonable possible. Reports any unusual occurrence or event to the principal or designee immediately. Maintains confidentiality of student information. Follows all rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the school, Board of Education and Superintendent. Remains at the school during the entire school day unless excused by the principal or designee. Performs other related duties as assigned by school administrator(s). Additional expectations will be communicated at each school location based on grade levels, curriculum offerings, etc. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to be physically active, which includes, but is not limited to, standing, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, sitting, and walking, including repetitive motions.
- Ability to stand in excess of 6 hours. Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to visually, auditorily, and physically monitor student performance and conduct.
- Ability to lift 15-25 pounds routinely and 25-100 pounds occasionally as necessary.
- Must be able to tolerate a noisy, busy work environment with occasional very loud noises.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to physically restrain students, if necessary, to maintain student safety.
- Ability to exert up to 25 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to lift students of various weights independently and with shared responsibility.
- Must be able to facilitate the evacuation of students during emergency situations and/or drills.
- Must be able to drive to a variety of school sites if necessary
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Interested individuals are to complete an online application which can be found on our website at www.onslow.k12.nc.us
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Full Time Substitute Teacher. I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- CJ Korenek
- 200 Broadhurst Road
- Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540-3551