1. Provide academic assistance to special needs students;
2. Make academic materials accessible;
3. Review and organize overall academic workload;
4. Liaise with parents regarding academic priorities when appropriate;
5. Assist in participation in appropriate classroom activities;
6. Supervise program as directed by immediate supervisor;
7. Assist teachers with other teaching responsibilities not working directly with special needs students.
Terms of Employment:
- In accordance with the Wayland Educational Secretaries' Association contract;
- Remainder of 2020-2021 school year; 30 hours/week.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 2
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Employer Description
The Wayland Schools have long enjoyed a reputation for excellence. A relatively small system of just over 2,700 students, the schools include one High School (9-12), one Middle School (6-8), and three elementary schools: Claypit Hill (K-5), Happy Hollow (K-5), and Loker (K-5). The school system administration includes a Superintendent of Schools, an Assistant Superintendent of Schools, a Director of Finance and Operations, a Director of Technology, a Director of Student Services, and an Assistant Director of Student Services. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayland Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Preferred Qualifications:
1. Two years of college, bachelor's degree preferred;
2. Training and experience preferred in the areas of special education and/or reading instruction;
3. Some middle school teaching experience preferred;
4. Willingness and ability to work cooperatively as member of an educational/ teaching team;
5. Emotional sensitivity required;
6. Experience with diverse populations and commitment to Wayland's goals of diversity and inclusion;
7. Possess those personal characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
8. Some training may be required to meet the physical needs of the student.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Betsy Gavron, Principal
- 201 Main Street
- Wayland, Massachusetts 01778
- Phone: 508-358-3801
- Fax: 508-358-3802
- Email: click here