Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students' academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Ames High School is seeking a Registrar for the 2020-21 school year.MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society. WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm. This is a 255-day position.RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates registration of new students.
- Complies and distributes warning and failure lists.
- Supervises and trains staff on computerized grading systems. Provides routine clerical and bookkeeping assistance.
- Maintains student registration records.
- Works effectively with faculty and other members of the staff in dealing with students, parents, vendors, and the general public.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Gathers data for and types correspondence and reports.
- Greets and accommodates visitors, handles incoming telephone calls and takes messages as appropriate.
- Maintains records and responds to inquiries regarding transcripts, grades, grade points, etc., for students and staff.
- Serves as summer school secretary coordinating/providing:
- Accounting/bookkeeping procedures
- Secretarial serves for staff
- Prepares Master Schedules and department schedules.
- Attends work on a consistent and punctual basis.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Post high school education in related field, or the equivalent in experience preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of two years' experience as an executive secretary.
- Ability to pass a background check required
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures to include recordkeeping, filing, and reporting methods.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Able to handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
- Able to interact with other staff, student, and the public to obtain and provide information.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep records and maintain alpha, numeric, and subject matter files.
- Skill in the operation and minor adjustment and maintenance of office machines as job assignments require (i.e. personal computer, calculator, other office equipment).
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct and exhibits honesty and integrity.
- Committed to quality service.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
: $15.96 per hour
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=469
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, [email protected], District Offices, 2005 24 th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.Contact Information
- Kristin Johnson
- 2005 24th St
- Ames, Iowa 50010