Position: ECSE ParaProfessional - Inclusion Support
Building: Early Childhood Center
Reports to: ECC Director Description
Education and/or Experience:
- Assist teacher with preparing instructional materials, attendance reports and class reports.
- Supervise students involved in classroom and non classroom activities; recess, lunch, transition times, etc.
- Implement/follow teacher instructions of classroom activities and procedures.
- Consistently reinforces philosophy of classroom management and individual behavior intervention plans.
- Assist with clerical duties; inventory, bulletin boards, collecting money etc.
- Demonstrate an understanding of students' problems and respects confidentiality.
- Significant behavioral difficulties will be addressed by following the classroom management plan or BIP.
- Assist students that have physical challenges (diapering, catheterizing, bathrooming, transferring, physical management)
- Work with individual and/or small groups of students in the academic setting under teacher direction.
- 26 hours per week
- 8:40am - 3:50pm
- Monday - Thursday (some occasional Friday's)
- School year only
- Other duties may be assigned
- Prefer teaching certificate; previous experience with physically, emotionally or mentally impaired students or a combination of experience would be preferable.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to staff, parents, students, and administrators.
- Ability to work with emotionally, physically, and/or mentally impaired students.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from the community, regulatory agencies or staff members. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and ledgers. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires sustained periods of sitting and working on computer and office equipment.
Position requires standing and walking throughout buildings.
Position involves frequent lifting up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
Position involves listening, speaking clearly and visual acuity.
Position involves frequent repetitive action on a keyboard. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to loud depending upon the activity in a particular part of the day.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Ashley Vaughn, Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- 3886 Van Buren St
- Hudsonville, Michigan 49426