Head Volleyball Coach - Middle SchoolReports To:
This posting is open until filledFLSA Status:
This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in volleyball. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policies and procedures.Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in the sport.Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games.Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times.Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms and updated inventories are adhered to.Arranges transportation for athletic participants.Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.Works with the athletic director in preparing practice and game schedules.Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.Ensures that proper form(s) (insurance, attendance, medical) obtained and current.Ensures that all student athletes are eligible, insured and have paid fees.Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct of athletic activities
and athletes are followed.
Ensures that medical and safety requirements are adhered to.Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents and officials and resolves
conflict in a professional manner.
Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff and students.Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.Attends work regularly and is punctual. MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Attend trainings and staff meetings, as neededSanitizes and cleans equipmentInspects facilities for health and safety concernsChaperones/supervises athletic events, as needed SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in maintaining a safe environment. Overseeing Assistant Volleyball Coach and any volunteers.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and/or at least two years related experience. Prior successful experience working in a school setting and three or more years of head coaching student athletes strongly preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others' ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit. Demonstrated ability to successfully coach, lead and/or motivate adolescent students.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from students. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals and regulations. Ability to write general reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in varying forms. Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Computer Skills: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use, e-mail, internet software and word processing software. Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated knowledge of child growth and development at each level of instruction and of the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of adolescent students. Demonstrated ability to in physically demanding athletic activities. Possesses knowledge of effective behavior management methods. Ability to exercise good judgment and work in a dynamic environment.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Certificates as determined by the District and OSAA; valid Oregon Diver License; trainings may include but are not limited to: CPR/First Aid Card, Regular district safety trainings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; run; jump; stretch; stand; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The employee may occasionally climb stairs or ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision. The employee must have the ability to teach proper techniques and skills needed for athletic participation.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a standard gymnasium and other athletic practice and event settings. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities. The employee may be exposed to bodily fluids and/or blood borne pathogens.OTHER
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
To apply visit our website at https://colton.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
and apply on-line. Questions should be directed to [email protected]
- Human Resource Department - 503-824-3535.Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by Colton School District regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Sarah McGloghlon
- 30429 S GRAYS HILL RD
- Colton, Oregon 97017