JOB TITLE: Cook Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Coordinator, the job of "Cook" is done for the purpose of cooking, baking and preparing and distributing food service items for consumption by students and school personnel and maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition.Essential Job Functions:
Other Job Functions:
- Prepares and serves food and beverage items for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements, projected meal requirements, planned menus and catering needs.
- Cleans and maintains utensils and equipment; and the areas used for storage, food preparation and serving for the purpose of maintaining safe and sanitary conditions.
- Prepares required documentation and necessary reports for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Requests food, equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining an adequate inventory to complete jobs efficiently.
- Maintains positive relations with students, staff and the community for the purpose of supporting positive interactions for the district and the food services program.
- Accounts for appropriate cash transactions for the purpose of maintaining accurate monetary records.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
Prior job related experience in food preparation helpful, but not requiredSkills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required
- Skills to perform basic arithmetic calculations, operate and care for institutional kitchen equipment (including but not limited to industrial sized food slicer, mixers, ovens and dishwashers), use standard office equipment and computer.
- Knowledge of modern methods of food preparation, health codes and sanitation principles.
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, provide direction to others and make independent judgments based on common sense, keep and maintain accurate records, understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, balancing, stooping, reaching/handling/manual dexterity, talking/hearing conversations and other sounds (potential hazards), visual acuity/depth perception with or without visual accommodation.
High School diploma or equivalent.Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance, appropriate Food Handler Permit.Schedule:
School year Monday - Friday, 6.0 hours per day, 183-work day calendar, prorated on start date for the 2020/21 school year.
Bilingual/Bicultural preferredContact Information
- Jill Hunter, HR Specialist
- 1204 NE 201ST AVE
- Fairview, Oregon 97024