GENERAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Physical ability to adhere to OSHA and district safety regulations. Work within the district's communicable disease control plan (blood borne pathogens) and be aware of the existence and potential exposure to hazardous chemicals as identified on the SDS sheets. Responsibilities include student safety and security. This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
- Considerable knowledge of warehouse methods and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of inventory recordkeeping and control methods.
- Considerable knowledge of transportation agencies and shipping methods.
- Working knowledge of purchase and requisition procedures.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor, such as lifting heavy weight.
- Ability to be trained in the operation of forklifts, pallet-jacks, both hydraulic and electric and other warehouse equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Commercial Driver's License or the ability to obtain in a timely manner.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Prior warehouse experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Not Necessarily Limited To)
1. Process and handle a variety of food, industrial, mechanical or office supply items of considerable value.
2. Supervision of proper storage of stock or equipment, preparation for shipment to schools and keeping records of stock
received and issued.
3. Responsible for the control and care of all non-expendable property stored in the district warehouse.
4. Receive general instructions on procedures to be followed and apply proper warehousing methods to eliminate problems
and maintain good recordkeeping.
5. Account for the quality and quantity of items received to see that they conform to packing slips and invoices.
6. Commercial Driver's License or the ability to obtain to drive as needed.
7. Develop efficient storage methods including the allocation of proper bins or storage places.
8. Pack or supervise the packing or wrapping of goods to be shipped.
9. Perform perpetual inventories and maintain accurate stock accountability.
10. Prepare for proper authorization of any requests for supplies.
11. Utilize warehouse database to receive and issue stock.
12. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
13. Wears the proper safety equipment.
14. Receives school orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or
shipped. Assembles school orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area
or shipping department
15. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, expiration or product code.
16. Other duties as assigned.
This is a temporary position for the remainder of the school year.
6 Hours/DayContact Information
- Mark Greif, Human Resources Director
- 10501 WASHBURN WAY
- Klamath Falls, Oregon 97603