Position Status: Tier 1Benefited
8 daily hoursSalary Range A
High School Diploma or equivalent
MMR Immunization Health Record
The job of Groundskeeper is done for the purpose/s of providing grounds maintenance services at assigned site/s; ensuring attractive and safe grounds area/s and athletic fields; protecting against erosion; performing a variety of special grounds maintenance operations; and maintaining grounds for assemblies, events and/or recreational activities.
- Assists in the application of pesticides for the purpose of controlling insects and weeds in accordance with established procedures.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains, fields, litter, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing hazards.
- Coordinates with custodial, grounds, site administrators, and athletic coaches for the purpose of adjusting irrigation schedules, preparing athletic fields and ensuring a safe environment for participants.
- Estimates materials, equipment and/or staff resources for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Excavates a variety of district property (e.g. earth, asphalt, concrete, debris, etc.) for the purpose of installing, repairing, improving and maintaining landscaped areas and fields in a safe and clean condition.
- Hauls a variety of items (e.g. trash, debris, aggregates, etc.) for the purpose of removing unwanted items from facilities in compliance with established guidelines.
- Inspects finished work (e.g. contractors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring quality standards are met.
- Installs sand around playground structures for the purpose of meeting federal safety guidelines.
- Maintains job related grounds keeping equipment for the purpose of ensuring for the availability of equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Maintains playground equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition in compliance with established guidelines.
- Monitors landscaped areas, sprinkler systems and grounds (e.g. fields, parking areas, courtyards, etc.) for the purpose of identifying repairs and/or replacement needs and providing an attractive environment.
- Operates heavy equipment (e.g. fork lifts, back hoe, gang mowers, tractors, dump trucks, skid loaders, etc.) for the purpose of constructing and maintaining landscaped areas, fences, parking lots, building pads and service roads.
- Plants a variety of landscaping materials (e.g. lawns, shrubbery, flowers, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the grounds attractive and protecting against erosion.
- Prepares grounds and athletic fields (e.g. fertilizes soil, courtyards, flower beds, chalk fields, paint stripping, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate, attractive and safe areas for assemblies, recreational activities and/or athletic events.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Repairs irrigation systems and components (e.g. valves, wiring, timers, switches, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring equipment and/or components are in proper working order.
- Requests materials, supplies, equipment, and/or support personnel for the purpose of completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, supplies, mowers, and other heavy equipment etc. for the purpose of ensuring their availability for the use in completing work assignments required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in grounds maintenance including tractors; weed whips; mowers; hand and power tools; etc.; adhering to safety practices; and inspecting playground equipment and/or grounds.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read and follow instructions; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: method of preparing and maintaining various plants; shrubs; lawns; etc.; safety practices and procedures; job-related codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies; and job-related equipment.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; meeting deadlines and schedules; working under time constraints; communicating with diverse groups; displaying mechanical aptitude; and working as part of a team.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, frequent climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 65% sitting, 30% walking, and 5% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Equivalency Required Testing Certificates Forklift Operator Certificate
Valid Driver's License & Evidence of Insurability
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Post-Offer DOT Screening
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Range A
Non Exempt 12.00Contact Information
- Luciano Munoz
- 450 W 6TH ST
- Yuma, Arizona 853642973