VACANCY SUBSTITUTE NURSE
Be a caring individual to fill in as needed for school building nurses during their time of absence(s).
Must maintain a professional relationship with staff, students, and parents while preserving confidentiality of ALL medical information.
1. oversee medical care of students for the building to which you are subbing for
2. providing acute care for identified students
3. keeping documentation of student care
4. providing basic first aid for students and staff
5. follow physician orders while caring for students
6. contact parents as needed
7. completing accident reports when needed on students/staff when injuries occur
8. follow written school policies for administration of prescribed and over the counter medications
9. administer routine, PRN and emergency medications and maintain records of all medications given
10. follow school policies for identifying and reporting suspected student drug use
11. follow school policies for identifying and reporting suspected child abuse
12. examine and identity students with communicable diseases
13. carry and answer radio (communication device) calls as needed
14. perform focused assessments based on student or staff complaint
15. contacting EMS when appropriate
16. lifting required at times as well as bending and standing
Job Qualifications: RN or LPN with current Indiana licensure & CPR certification
Hours/Salary: As per Support Staff Compensation Packet
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Student Services > School Nurse Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Craig Shearer
- 2600 S. 600 W.
- Russiaville, Indiana 46979