Long Term Sub Paraprofessional Special Education 1:1
Thacher Elementary School: immediate through the end of the school yearPosition Purpose
To assist and support a student in the school and classroom to meet academic goals and objectives and implement positive behavioral supports. This paraprofessional will move with the student as the student progresses through grade levels. Essential Job Functions
• Works with student individually, in small groups, and whole class.
• Assists professional staff in data collection: academic and behavioral
• Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing academic and behavioral skills according to individual student needs.
• Assists with individual, class, and school positive behavioral supports to support a safe, learning environment.
• Assist student in non-instructional areas, such as student lunch, arrival/dismissal, playground, corridor, and other related noninstructional areas including Toileting/bathroom assitance.
• Accompany student on field trips to assist with supervision.
• Constructs, copies and distribute and use materials as needed.
• Assists teachers with parent contact as requested to foster effective and participatory parent involvement in student education.
• Participates in the IEP process and serves as a resource for the student personnel evaluation team as needed.
•Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees, and others.
• Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to the supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.Qualifications Profile
• Prior experience working with students with social-emotional challenges
• Data collection experience preferred
• De-escalation training preferred.
• Highly Qualified
- Paraprotest or two years of college
Applications will be considered when submitted via our online application system with TALENTED
. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.attleboroschools.com
. Follow the Quick Link to Employment Opportunities, and the job link to TalentEd Hire Pro
to apply for this job.
INTERNAL - Click the Internal
link in the upper right section of the page or log in as Internal.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Employer Description
The mission of the Attleboro Public Schools is to develop and deliver relevant learning experiences that engage, challenge, and inspire all students to maximize their unique potential and improve our world.
The vision of the Attleboro Public Schools is to be the center of a community united around education, where all stakeholders value and participate in our collective success.
GOAL ONE: Attleboro Public Schools will place students at the center of all educational decisions through guided planning to achieve personalized goals.
GOAL TWO: Attleboro Public Schools will improve the quality of education for all students by providing learning experiences that are personalized, challenging, and have lifelong value.
GOAL THREE: Attleboro Public Schools will cultivate and extend community partnerships to improve outcomes for students through outreach, collaboration, and reciprocal support. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Attleboro Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Kathleen Black, Human Resource Specialist
- 100 Rathbun Willard Drive
- Attleboro, Massachusetts 02703
- Phone: (508) 222-0012, X1147
- Fax: (508) 223-1576
- Email: click here