School Bus MonitorJOB SUMMARY:
Assists the bus driver with the safety, movement, management and care of the children boarding the school bus, leaving the bus or being transportedQUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old with six (6) months driving experience
- Must pass a DOT drug and alcohol test
- Seats self in an area on the bus to ensure observation of all passengers at all times and make sure they are following school bus safety rules
- Assists the school bus driver in reporting infractions of school bus safety
- Responsible for observing potential problems between students and keeping those students separated by assigning seats if warranted
- When working on a school bus equipped with a wheelchair lift, operates the lift for loading and unloading of wheelchairs and also ensures that the wheelchair is properly secured on the school bus
- Responsible for securing students who ride in child restraint seats, etc.
- Attends school bus safety meetings
- Maintains a high standard of student conduct at all times
- Assists driver in keeping the bus clean and inspects for damages and repairs daily
- Ensures that a child takes his/her belongings with him/her when departing the bus
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel objects, squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head and push/pull or lift/move heavy objects. The job may require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. The following list of critical demands is representative but not all-inclusive of the job.
- Work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, job hazards and atmospheric conditions.
- Use visual acuity required for depth perception
- Visually inspect small defects and/or small parts
- Use a variety of measuring devices
- Assemble or fabricate parts at or within arm's length
- Operate machines, motor vehicles, hand tools, and job specific equipment and tools to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Safely work in situations of exposure to blood borne pathogens which may require specialized personal protective equipment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the American Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The Clear Creek Amana School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation or gender identity. Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer.
Job Categories: Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran. Contact Information
- Catherine Westfall
- 327 S Augusta Avenue
- Oxford, Iowa 52322