Welcome to the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education. ISTE is seeking a Project Manager, Learning Standards
who will contribute to a dynamic team devoted to growing awareness, understanding and implementation of the ISTE Standards at school, district, state, national and international levels and with institutions of higher education. The candidate will be responsible for using data to identify needs or grow demand for ISTE resources, tools, products and services that support use of the standards, including STEM. Design, manage, deploy and evaluate projects associated with the standards. POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support the evolution of ISTE Standards products, programs, and initiatives as assigned.
- Manage, track and promote revenue-generating programs and products and ongoing grant activities to meet revenue and net revenue budgets along with engagement metrics.
- Manage and track project budgets, provide regular project financial reporting and follow internal financial processes.
- Process project invoices, contracts, and expense reimbursements.
- Support customer service by managing program-specific email accounts (e.g., , , )
- Support grant-funded STEM projects.
- Manage internal and external project planning meetings. Facilitate and manage communication between the ISTE staff, key project personnel, external liaisons, project participants, vendors and suppliers.
- Manage external consultant partners and subject matter experts contributing to projects, to ensure timely delivery and quality of work.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to facilitate marketing and communication efforts with associated projects.
- Work effectively with ISTE members and volunteers to engage their expertise and interests in projects and programs related to the ISTE Standards.
- Support and manage standards-related events, meetings, and presentations at ISTE events and for ISTE programming.
- Work collaboratively and communicate transparently with colleagues across departments to ensure projects progress in a timely manner; be able to sequence tasks and move multiple tasks forward in parallel.
- Communicates in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, customers and others with whom we may work. Contributes to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization's strategic goals.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Some business travel may be required, which includes both air and land transportation.
- Bachelor's Degree, 5 years of experience in project management, professional development
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and handle various timelines and priorities
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative
- Strong team player with experience building and managing collaborative teams both internally and externally
- Excellent writing skills
- Good analytical thinker
- Curious and life-long learner
- Uses good judgment, is reliable and flexible
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- STEM knowledge highly desired
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, Google Drive, Salesforce, HTML
- Adept at using social media tools and leveraging networks
- The position must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when preparing for a conference, meeting, or exhibition.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
ISTE offers generous benefits plans, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. ISTE benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, paid short and long term disability plan and employer-paid term life insurance.
At ISTE, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.