BEAUMONT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT Job Description JOB TITLE
: Teacher of Homebound CLASSIFICATION
: ExemptREPORTS TO
: Executive Director PAY GRADE:
Teacher Salary Scale
Curriculum & Instruction ASSIGNMENT DAYS: LOCATION:
Administration Annex PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Provide homebound instruction and services to meet the needs of eligible students.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree
• Valid Texas Teaching Certificate with special education certification preferred
• Ability to work with school and community populations
• Ability to work with students with medical conditionsMAJOR RESPONSIBILITEIS AND DUTIES:
1. Travel to student's home, hospital or other locations where the eligible student may be served.
2. Provide instructional services for each eligible student.
3. Attend ARD, 504 and/or RTI meetings for eligible students (as appropriate).
4. Contact student's teacher(s) to secure assignments and any special information needed to provide adequate instruction.
5. Maintain on-going communication with the student's teacher
6. Keep accurate records on each student's assignments.
7. Keep attendance for student and submit to student's home campus.
8. Maintain flexibility in the performance of required duties.
9. Administer state assessments as required.
10. Attend required teacher staff developments/trainings to perform responsibilities.
11. Develop and maintain interpersonal communication skills with other professionals.
12. Modify instructional strategies, activities, and evaluations to meet individual needs in grades K-12.
13. Adhere to local, state, and federal guidelines in the delivery of services to eligible students.
14. Communicate the instructional program and student progress to parents.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
16. Maintain schedule and weekly logs for students served.
17. Other duties as assigned. Student Management:
1. Assist with monitoring the development, implementation, and evaluation of Individual Educational Plans (IEP's).
2. Make recommendations with reference to additional staff needs in order to meet individual student needs.
3. Support and encourage the implementation of plans for improved student behavior which reflect enhanced opportunities for learning. Enhance feedback skills by conducting conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning vital issues.Working Conditions:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment.
May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students.Contact Information
- Derwin Samuels
- 3395 Harrison Ave
- Beaumont, Texas 77706