Westfield Public Schools is currently accepting applications for Boys Ice Hockey Varsity Coach for 2021 Winter Season.
Stipend commensurate with Westfield Public Schools Unit A contract, Appendix B. No benefits.
This position subject to funding and the following conditions:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- The start and end of the season is determined by MIAA/PVIAC and subject to the City of Westfield Board of Health rules and regulations.
The COVID19 pandemic situation in the City of Westfield may impact the season.
Coaching position is dependent upon student enrollment.
- Position Type: After school/Evening
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching
Westfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
All hired coaches are required to complete the following PRIOR TO WORKING WITH ANY STUDENTS:
- Qualities and characteristics looked for in the above vacancies are as follows:
- Emotional stability
- Ability and willingness to serve as role model for students
- Knowledge of and ability to teach the theory and practice of the sport within the abilities of secondary school-age students
- Emphasis on team play, obedience to rules, good sportsmanship, and knowledge of the sport
- Consideration for other sports activities in the school
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the coaching staff and with school administrators All coaches are expected to:
- Abide by the rules of the school as specified in the student handbook, the MIAA, the PVIAC, the MVADA, and the rules of the sport.
- Be present from the first tryout day until the last day of the season; with team participation (practices or competition) at a minimum of five days a week.
- Supervise your teams at all times.
- Collect all uniforms and equipment from their athletes at the end of each season.
- Maintain a fair, unprejudiced relationship with the athletes and have their physical and mental welfare in consideration at all times.
- CORI background check
- Fingerprint-based state and national background check (Chapter 459 of the Acts of 2012, as amended by Chapter 77 of the Acts of 2013 - An Act Relative to Background Checks)
- Complete the Annual NFHS Concussion in Sports Certification
- All coaches shall have a current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation from the American Heart Association, American Red Cross or other agency or organization approved by the department of public health. This requirement shall not apply to a coach with a physical disability.
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States requiredApplication Questions
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Ryan Dunphy
- 177 Montgomery Road
- Westfield, Massachusetts 01085