Under the direct supervision of the school principal and in coordination with teaching staff, the Remote/Hybrid Instructional Support Staff will support all academic and administrative work relative to the daily instruction of students participating in the remote/hybrid option of the West Springfield Public Schools. This position is at-will and for the duration of the 2020-2021 school year only. Pay: $150/day with DESE certification, $125/day without DESE Certification. Employees may be assigned to more than one school location based on the needs of the district.
1. Experience working with children,preferably in an educational setting
2. Flexibility and the ability to take initiative.
3. Must be able to establish a good rapport with students.
4. Create a safe classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
5. Able to communicate with administration and others to gain assistance or guidance when needed.
6. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, exhibit good judgment and use appropriate language or behavior while on assignment.
7. Maintain the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which you are assigned.
8. Must be organized, take responsibility and be reliable.
9. Punctuality is critical and mandatory for this position.
10. Clear communicator. Good written and verbal communication skills.
11. Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions:
1.Abide by state statutes, school board policies and regulations.
2.Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
3.Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
4.Other duties as assigned by the Principal, or the Substitute Office
Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Salary: $125 to $150 Per Day
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Educational Technology
Student Services > Educational Technology Equal Opportunity Employer
West Springfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- No experience required
- Associate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Diane Doe
- Second Street
- West Springfield, Massachusetts 01089