Saugus Middle High School is seeking applicants for the following coaching position: JV Volleyball Coach
The sub-varsity coaching duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Being responsible for all game and practice preparation and coaching at the sub varsity level and supporting the varsity coaching staff when appropriate. All administrative duties - including all departmental paperwork and policies. Team evaluation and selection. Work with the student/families to make certain that they complete all of the registration in order to make certain that our students are eligible for participation. Follow all MIAA, league, and school policies and procedures. Equipment management, including uniforms and safety devices/materials. Working with parents/guardians, booster groups, and community youth programs to establish respectful relationships and enhance our school programs. Working collaboratively with all other Saugus Middle High School coaches, under the direction of the Athletic Director. This includes, but is not limited to: Working to coordinate schedules of games, practices, and events. Working to share the facilities and equipment. Establishing a shared culture of expectations and behaviors for our Sachem athletes. Be a positive role model and motivator, exhibit qualities of leadership and organizational abilities. Monitor and support student-athletes' academic progress. Provide overall support to varsity coaching staff and program as directed by the head coach and/or athletic director.
The successful coaching candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the development of athletic ability and personal character of our athletes as well as create a team culture of discipline and sportsmanship like behavior within their team. This coach is expected to work in conjunction with all other athletic department and school staff members cooperatively during the entire school year to support our student-athletes both on the field and in the classroom and their community.
This position is a direct report to the Athletic Director and building Principal.
- Position Type: After school/Evening
- Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
Saugus Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Job Requirements
- Job Requirements:
- Previous relevant sport coaching experience is mandatory.
- Requires strong depth of sport knowledge and familiarity with the rules and regulations.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and a strong work ethic required.
- Current nationally recognized CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Current NFHS Concussion Course certification required.
- MIAA/NFHS Coaches Certification preferred and then required within the first year of coaching.
- Additional NFHS Sport Specific Coaching Certification preferred.
- Candidate will be subject to mandatory CORI/background checks/fingerprinting upon appointment.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Terri Pillsbury, Athletic Director
- Pierce Memorial Drive
- Saugus, Massachusetts 01906