Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission
The mission of the National Math Content Coach is to partner with the AST Program Team and regional schools teams in implementing the instructional program at IDEA Public Schools so that campuses meet ambitious academic goals. The goal of the National Math Content Coach is the improvement of instructional clarity, content and execution of the math instructional program, ensuring that school performance continually outpaces the rate of expansion of the district, through building the content and curricular capacities of regional and campus leaders.Accountabilities Provide analysis, strategy, and consultancy to develop instructional leaders to improve quality of math instruction.
Create a suite of professional development "train the trainer" products that regional leaders, content coaches, and campus leaders can use so that the district achieves established student achievement goals.
- Lead strategic initiatives to build instructional capacity in several regions, such as providing focused analysis to leaders, building content capacity through observation/coaching, designing professional development, and creating deliverables that address strategic curricular needs in regions.
- Observe in the field 50% of the time in regions that do not have a math coach to identify instructional gaps and best practices in mathematics instruction and achievement.
- Use analysis tools developed by the AST Program Team to support and coach implementation of best practices of delivery of mathematics instruction.
- Build capacity in school leaders to ensure high-quality first instruction and data-driven interventions to close gaps.
Collaborate with the Program Team, Human Assets, Regional Content Coaches, and Schools Team to develop and implement a seamless experience between curriculum, coaching, and program implementation for leaders so that all schools meet accountability in the 2021-22 school year and the district receives an "A" rating.
- Design and post training materials with at least 2 weeks lead time for regional leaders to internalize sessions
- Employ "train the trainer" model of professional development in regions to build capacity of regional and campus leaders to deliver math PD.
- Design a balance of "just in time" sessions that support program implementation and sessions that respond to the gaps in data and those that highlight best practices
- Partner with Program Team and regional math coaches to design and deliver timely professional development that increases the ability of leaders, and ultimately teachers, to meet ambitious academic goals in math.
- Monitor, observe, and deliver feedback on professional development delivered in partnership with regional and campus leaders.
- Work with other AST members to create a full slate of leader content training for all courses by 2023
- 95% of participants will rate 'I recommend this training to a colleague' as a 4 or 5 for all content trainings that you lead
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Partner with Regional Content Coaches to ensure consistent implementation of the IDEA Academic Program
- Provide feedback to Program Team on what is working and what improvements are needed from teacher and leader trainings and in field observations.
- Increase student achievement results to achieve 90/60/30 district goal for each content, each campus earning an A year 1 and beyond, and increase the number of AP scholars to above 30%.
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Education:Bachelor's Degree required; Master's preferred
- Experience:3+ years of teaching experience; 3+ years of school leadership or other administrative experience
- Extensive experience designing and facilitating professional development
- Extensive content knowledge in mathematics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record of achieving success and of leading others
- Must be able to travel up 50% of the time to assigned regions depending on location.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- Persuasiveness and perseverance in attaining goals.
- Ability to communicate the project vision to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment in high-stakes circumstances.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the responsibilities of the position evolve.
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between $69,000 and $85,000, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.