Position contingent upon availability of funding/ programming
The function of the Innovation Pathways Specialist is to facilitate the pathway process for our students. This job is to be committed to and responsible for balancing a high degree of quality with being accountable for specific measurable results. While navigating the pathway is an individual and personal endeavor, the Innovative Pathways Specialist provides support, guidance, information and skills training, and acts a liaison between Conservatory students and Springfield Technical Community College and local business and community members. Support to students include individual career counseling; coordination of programs assisting students in exploration and development of their future career plans; and coordination of school fairs to assist our students in those endeavors.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the recruitment of students into the Pathway
- Act as the liaison between Conservatory and STCC
- Act as the liaison between Conservatory and potential internship employers
- Actively manage physical academic files for students and managing student information within the student database.
- Provide professional guidance in a confidential setting to currently enrolled students, which includes assessment; information on careers, occupation and employers; identification and clarification of personal values and goals; and decision-making
- Create environment with learning opportunities for students to prepare them for job search.
- Create/coordinate seminars, guest speakers and events for the benefit of students.
- Maintain current bulletin board postings and student files.
- Facilitate communication between potential employer and student to ensure job is filled.
- Prepare and post notice of recruitment activities.
- Review students' resumes and counsel students regarding corrections, if necessary.
- Recommend areas of improvement to the school administration as needed.
- Complete other assigned duties, as needed.
- Individual Contributor
- Responsible for specializing in a particular function or operational effort (non-clerical)
- Day to day decision making relevant to scope of work with little autonomy
- Requires at least 1-2 years of experience in the field
- Relevant associates degree required or educational requirement may be substituted for at least 3 years of experience in relevant field
The Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability or military service or marital status. The Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate in admission to, access or treatment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation, disability or homelessness. Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination
Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. Springfield Public Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discrimination on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. The Senior Administrator of Human Resources, Kathleen O'Sullivan, Springfield Public Schools, 1550 Main St. Springfield MA, 01103, 413-787-7100, ext. 55428, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Springfield Public Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Springfield Public Schools may be referred to Kathleen O'Sullivan or to U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 400 Maryland Ave., SW Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone 800-421-3481. Location Description
Thank you for your interest in the Springfield Public Schools.
The Springfield Public School district is committed to hiring a diverse pool of qualified educators, administrators, and non-instructional support staff.
The Springfield Public Schools is a large and diverse urban district with over 4,800 employees. We serve over 25,000 students in 52 schools. The district has a highly committed staff, a strong school committee, and very supportive community partnerships.
The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency will ensure the delivery of an educational experience in which all learners achieve success. Springfield is proud to offer some of the most progressive educational programming in the nation, including specialized magnet schools at the elementary, middle and high school levels. Springfield offers the International Baccalaureate program, Montessori, STEM, Expeditionary Learning Schools, and non-traditional educational programs.
Be part of The Springfield Promise--If you are committed to fostering excellence in all students, effective in enabling your students to achieve high levels of academic success, like to work collaboratively as part of a team, have strong content and pedagogical knowledge, and embrace and value diversity-- The Springfield Public Schools is the place for you.
VISION : The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency
To provide the highest quality of education so that all of our students are empowered to realize their full?potential and lead fulfilling lives as lifelong learners, responsible citizens and leaders in the 21st Century.
To accomplish this work, it will take the support and assistance of everyone: students, parents, teachers, support staff, administrators
and the community. Through an aligned management system, each of the following strategic priorities will serve to help ensure system?wide accountability:
• High Academic Achievement For 21st Century Success
• Safe Learning and Working Environment
• Highly Qualified and Effective Staff
• Effective Parent and Community Partnerships
• Appropriate Use of Resources and Equitable Funding
• Accountable Leadership
• Effective Communications
• Our Students Will Always Come First
• Teamwork, Trust and Mutual Respect are Expected
• Everyone will Share in the Accountability
• Our Core Business is Teaching and Learning
• Parents and Community are our Partners
THEORY OF ACTION
If WE are clear in our expectations, focus on the instructional core, provide appropriate support, monitor performance with
WE will dramatically improve student achievement and close the achievement gap.
The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency. Raise the Bar and Close the Gap Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
The Springfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, handicap, or military service, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Application Questions
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Human Resources
- Springfield Public Schools
- Springfield, Massachusetts 01103