Nov 20, 2020
Greenville, NC, USA
Athletics & Activities
Digital Learning CoachJob DescriptionPOSITION: Digital Learning Coach (DLC)REPORTS TO: Director of Digital LearningNATURE OF WORKThe Digital Learning Coach assists teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. Digital Learning Coaches conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional development, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Conducts staff development in the areas of technology integration and best practices
- Provides onsite assistance to staff in use of digital resources into the learning environment.
- Models the integration of technology in all curriculum areas.
- Helps teachers develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans to utilize technology and the media resources.
- Provides onsite assistance to staff in selection of technology resources and solutions.
- Attends meetings and staff development functions as necessary to develop skills.
- Provides leadership and coordination to develop, implement, and update a school instructional technology plan focusing on the integration of technology into the instructional program.
- Collaborates other digital learning and technology personnel to provide needed reports within the district and for the Department of Public Instruction.
- Assists with fixed asset and inventory activities of technology products.
- Engages in ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the informational and instructional technology planning, media programs, and staff development.
- Serves as a source of information on trends, research, applications, and effective practices related to technology use and the function of the media coordinator and program in the schools.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to building-level users of technology and media integration.
- Other assigned duties
- Knowledge and experience teaching the K-12 curriculum.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of technology and media resources and systems.
- Demonstrates a strong connection between curriculum and technology integration
SUGGESTED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Holds a current NC teaching License (or other state equivalent)
- 076 Media and/or 077 Instructional Technology Special Endorsement or equivalent (or willing to earn licensure in 077 Instructional Technology- at applicants cost over next 3 years)
- Regular Core Classroom Teaching experience in a K-12 School instructional setting (Elementary preferred)
- In depth knowledge and application of PCS Learning Management Systems (Canvas and Seesaw)
- 12 month position
- Expected Working Hours: 8:00 - 5:00
- Salary: Teacher (Years of Experience) State Scale
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Glen Buck
- 1717 W 5th Street
- Greenville, North Carolina 27834-1698